Installing a Kill Switch in a 2000 Corolla?

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

Originally posted by Walleye
There's no exposed ignition coil either, unfortunately.

Somewhere there is a wire running to the ignition coil that you can get to and splice into.
Walleye

Post by Walleye »

The book i'm reading says it has 2 ignition coils. but it's for the corolla 1 year before mine. I dont see ANY ignition coils when i open up the hood... even where this book says they'd be. i think they've been integrated into the spark plug heads. (the wires that snap onto the spark plug have several inches of travel of solid hose before getting onto the spark plug)
Walleye

Post by Walleye »

Oh.. i forgot to mention, last night i found the kick panel and the fuses underneath the dash. but unfortunately, i have no pinouts of any of the fuse box, so it's kind of worthless to me.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Coil..

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Well, if it's anything like my GA, it will have a "plug" that connects to a BIG box on top of the head. That actually has the spark plug boots build into it.. But you say you have plug wires.. I have none, just boots that run from the 2 coil packs to the plugs. I think the easiest thing for you to do would be to go to the positive side of the starter solenoid and splice in a switch there. GL in your attempts whatever you decide to do. You could also just replace the ignition switch.. heh.. :) eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Post by Karchiveur »

Theres Endless possibilities.. So many ways...
just pick the most appealing way for you :)

I like the dead of building it into the seat... (this is an investment into your cars securtiy..)

Jordan :D
First person ever Banned from 3dmaxx.com
The_Frapster
Golden Member

Post by The_Frapster »

Hmm, what about the Sears Diehard battery? Sup[posedly it has a remote to it that allows you to cut off the higher amps off the battery, that way you still keep your stero alive, but you won't have enough juice to start your car......until you re-enable it through the remote
Run fer your lives!!! The_Frapster's Coming!!!

<a title="Click here to view my Heatware Profile" href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=28300">
[ HEATWARE.com ]</a>
<a title="Click here to view My E-bay Profile" href="http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=the_frapster&ssPageName=STRK:ME:UFS">
[ eBay.com ]</a></p>
CaterpillarAssassin
Almighty Member

Post by CaterpillarAssassin »

honestly i dont see why you dont just tap into the ECU fuse wire and put a switch into it. The car wont run without the ecu getting power. I'll find the fuse that its in for you and post it.

edit

yeah i couldnt find anything. But generally the ECU fuse will be with the other fuses. Mine happens to be in the underhood fuse box. So look in the fuse box both in your car and under the hood. Also if you used the fuel pump line and fused that it would work as well. A fuel injected car (which yours is) will not even start without the fuel pump running. If the car is running and u throw the switch the car will start running rough and die within 3-4 seconds (at idle). I would personally recommend the ECU switch. Either that or the starter (which is realy the best option, cant even turn over the car). Again the fuse should be in one of the fuse box's. Simply find the wire coming out of the fuse box, extend it to where you want your switch and put a switch in. Or just pull the fuse.
jayscybertrhs
Genuine Member

do it the easy way

Post by jayscybertrhs »

it the computer don't have a kicker you can password, run the ignition off the load side of the radio volume control.

when you hear the radio go off, then you can call her and find out when you'll have wheels again.

:mad
tyvm