98 Civic repair

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
MK888

98 Civic repair

Post by MK888 »

Anyone ever change out the widsheild wiper motor in a 98 civic? Mine is hosed. Can seem to find any directions on the web on how to change it out.
Behold The Power Of Cheese!!!!

My DVD Collection
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Beats me. I would just look at it and start taking things apart to get it out. Cant be that hard. 1 or 2 bolts linking it to the wipers and 3-6 bolts holding the motor to the firewall (or whatever its mounted to).
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
MK888

Post by MK888 »

Unfortunatly the motor is not in with the engine. It is in its own little space between the firewall, and the inside of the car. I have not looked at it in detail yet, but it does not look easy to get to.
Behold The Power Of Cheese!!!!

My DVD Collection
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

At least its not a heater core on a newer car... my god. I had mine changed in under and hour once i found the last 2 bolts. Its just a cover in the engine compartment. But new cars you have to take the whole dash apart to get it out. What a pain in the ass if you ask me.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]