Detroit will attempt to create its own auto insurance company

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
renovation

Detroit will attempt to create its own auto insurance company

Post by renovation »

Detroiters have long complained that auto insurance rates for the city's residents are incredibly high. During his first State of the City speech, Mayor Mike Duggan advanced the idea of creating the city's own auto insurance company.

Duggan said his administration would look into creating a new auto insurance firm named D Insurance. The new firm would provide more affordable insurance to the city's drivers.

"The Detroit City Charter provides that the city of Detroit can start its own insurance company," the mayor said Wednesday night.

As he announced the idea, Duggan said many of the city's drivers pay more each month for their auto insurance bills than they do for their car payments.
The mayor said his own car insurance bill went from $3,000 to $6,000 when he moved from the suburbs into the city.
If these people learned to drive correctly and stop all the crime -maybe it wouldn't be so high .
there so many car jackings and rotton drivers in the city . also uninsured drivers in the city . :violin
http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit ... -insurance
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

wow. $6K/yr would be more than a high risk, multi-OWI convicted driver here i think. i pay $1100/yr for two vehicles, full coverage on both with pretty high limits.
renovation

Post by renovation »

my insurance costs are $1265 a year for 1 car full coverage and 1car just PLPD. bare min. no points and no accident on either of are driving records . ok I now have that rear ender from florida but its not being charge on me at all. I also live like 35 miles north of Detroit .but every car insured in Michigan get charged $255 a year for us being a no fault state.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
sbp

Post by sbp »

Detroit is a bankrupted and failed city which can't even take care of its basic duties in a responsible fashion. Now it wants to expand into another thing? :s hame
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

We were getting killed in WV on rates because of the uninsured motorist thing (same when I live in the DC area). People would make a down payment on a 6 mos policy to get their plates and then let it lapse. WV finally got its act together using computer monitoring of monthly insurance status and the rates dropped significantly. We pay about $1400 for full coverage on a 2008 and a 2012 Rav4.
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>