Place your Pimpmobile here!

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

Originally posted by Lan-Evo
Wow the two most over rated cars in the world the Cobra mustang and the camaro. Didn't see that coming

Yeah they suck. I hate when you buy a Z28 for low 20s and run 13.3 STOCK with AC and full interior plus has reasonable handling. I could of course buy a RSX for low 20s and run 16s and have the same handling.

OR I could buy a Mustang for low high 20s slap on a $4k blower and $300 in slicks, total investment $30k, and run high low 11s'/high 10s. I could them spend another $5k and buy a new suspension and have true super car handling and speed for a grand total of $35k. Yeah they really suck :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My toy....
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

The last time i seen a Stang or Camaro running a oval it was the pace car for Winston Cup... :rolleyes: Its a hell of a lot easier and cheaper to mod a V8 for a 12 sec quater than it is to do a 4 banger. a 4 banger can't even touch a 12 sec quarter unless it has NOS(bottles are for bitches) and running 20+ PSI of boost via a turbo.
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

Actually your incorrect if you adjust compression (engine overhaul), bolt on turbo lighten the car you can make it do 10s, Same for domestic, that camaro has no high end you have to adjust the crap out of the V8s to have them do 10's. 4 bangers are quite capable of doing well in the 1/4 mile. and yes it is cheaper to tune Domestic cars because most of the after market and racing companies for Domestic cars are Domestic companies.

I wasn't trying to argue which is better, I just don't understand why everyone thinks the kids at the streets of woodfield/fast and furious (specifics here) are the role model for the average import tuner. They are not, i look up to most of the tuning companies from Japan Group S racing specifically, come on how can you beat a 4 cylinder engine that revs past 9000 rpms
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

Actually your incorrect if you adjust compression (engine overhaul), bolt on turbo lighten the car you can make it do 10s, Same for domestic, that camaro has no high end you have to adjust the crap out of the V8s to have them do 10's. 4 bangers are quite capable of doing well in the 1/4 mile. and yes it is cheapers because most of the after market and racing companies for Domestic cars are Domestic companies.

I am not sure where you are getting your info from but you can bolt a blower onto a 302 and run high 10s. Hell my car can run 12.2-12.3 on motor alone and I am running pump gas and a stock block with only machining on it.

Also you say a Camaro has no top end. Ok chip it, $250, and remove the speed limiter. Hell your buddy in his Typr-R had to do that to hit 155 since that is also limited from the factory...... ;)
My toy....
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Damn i know of a 396 Big Block Chev punched .60 over with a radical cam that was balanced and blue printed at 9000 rpm's... the 4x4 its in runs 10.9 in the 1/4 mile and that with it locked in 4 wheel drive :D granted it has 4.10 gears but its running 35" tires... Now imagine that motor in a 69 Camaro SS with a posi rear end... easy 9 second car. Oh and i helped build this motor and total cost of it was $6500. Can't do that with a rice. Oh and the best part... Its naturally aspirated... :) If your curious this truck was build for mud races but since the 1/4 track here was only 5 miles away we had to run it a couple times. :D
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

Yeah thats twice the size of the engine i was talking about :)

Why didn't you just say "I know this nitro funny car...." :D
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

Yeah thats twice the size of the engine i was talking about :)

Why didn't you just say "I know this nitro funny car...." :D

He is talking about a V8. Much like you did. Our point is its not to hard to run 10s with a V8.

I can run 10s on my motor with minimal boost and its only a 320.
My toy....
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

Thats just because you Racer X :D
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

Thats just because you Racer X :D

hehe :D :D
My toy....
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

My whole point is its a hell of a lot cheaper to build a fast V8 than it is a 4 banger. I respect any car that can run a 10 sec quarter wether its domestic of foreign. I just can't stand riced out cars... whats so wrong with it looking stock just how it comes out of the factory... body kits and wings are fucking gay! Especially when its a front wheel drive car with a Top Fuel wing on the back :rolleyes: Nothing like taking weight off of your front end... if the car can even go fast enough for the wing to actually work like its designed to do...

In the mean time i need to get outside and finish ripping the suspension off of my Golf... The H&R Cup Kit will be here monday :) Now if the damn Corrado G60 sway bar i ordered would actually show up i could put that on as well.
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

This is what you get to drive when you loose your insurance like me! And your sister now is driving your car!

A frickin dust buster
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

No show all go...

Notice the calipers. No show all stop...

Fresh motor. Have to change that fan shroud out now. Looks like crap.

Well that is my car. Looks fairly stock which I prefer. More of a suprise for those high end sports cars when I pass them.

Here is a list of the few mods I have done:

90 LX 5.0 Oxford white:
Engine: balanced & blueprinted 316 stroker .040 over. Forged Eagle crank and rods. J&E pistons. 10.3-1 compression
Edelbrock Performer upper & lower intake,Edelbrock Performer heads, Harland Sharp 1.7 Roller Rockers, Elgin machine cam, Pro-M 77, #30 injectors, Ford jet coated headers, MAC H-pipe, flowmaster 3 chambers, Ford Cobra R disc brake conversion, AJE K-member, Alston upper and lower rear control arms. Steeda sport springs, Steeda caster/camber plates, Tokico 5 way struts and shocks, Tokico quad shocks, 373 gears, Eaton posi, Anderson PMS, FMS Aluminium driveshaft
est. 12.5@109
My toy....
LTrain

Post by LTrain »

Nice car, dude! I'm building up a 5.0, too. Right now its sitting, but ah well. I need a new tranny for it, trying to save up for a tremec 3550.

Larry
i5 3570k (being built)
e8400 being switched to unraid server
i7-2630QM m14x
Lan-Evo
Genuine Member

Post by Lan-Evo »

Racer we are going to South Bend this weekend in that car right?! ;) ;) ;)
Racer X 50
Genuine Member

Post by Racer X 50 »

Wish I could but I have a party on Sat and a car show Sunday. The show is iat Landmark Ford on Toughy about 1 mile west of 94. Ford powered vehicles only for this show.
My toy....