SOB maybe :(

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
renovation

SOB maybe :(

Post by renovation »

just my luck i think wifes trans is going now . :(
talked to tony H. earlyer today and it didn't sound good !
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
renovation

Post by renovation »

its official the trans is trashed , driving a rental now till next week. waiting for a GM rep to call me back. the dealer gave me one crazy price $5200.00 said trans and carb flush as the throttle body was carbon up bad .
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

renovation wrote:its official the trans is trashed , driving a rental now till next week. waiting for a GM rep to call me back. the dealer gave me one crazy price $5200.00 said trans and carb flush as the throttle body was carbon up bad .
Is the $5,200 to repair the transmission or replace it?
renovation

Post by renovation »

Swap it with a rebuilt. 3 year warranty unit .im pretty sure that's including a core charge . become mine toast from as hard the shifts were that started all my greef in the start.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

That is INSANE! No offense, but I doubt the car itself is worth much more.. This is in the Saturn, right? I would definitely check around for a better price.. I can get a high performance transmission installed in my car for that price..
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Ouch!
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You can probably save some money going to a tranny shop instead. A tranny shop can also order you a GM factory rebuilt with the GM warranty. I did that with my old Suburban. You can save even more by letting the tranny shop rebuild it, but then you take a chance on them doing it right. Me personally I prefer a factory crate tranny.

But yeah, you need to decide if it's even cost effective to spend that money on that car, or just find another.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

You could tell your wife you got her a convertible....
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Recently I had a Mazda RX8 that the engine cracked. Since it was a 2004 with high'ish miles, with a working engine it was worth about 6500. A new engine installed from a local shop was going to run me 5000. Donated the car instead. Saved aggravation and got 1000 for it. Sucked to do cause I loved that car, but it just wasn't worth it.
renovation

Post by renovation »

well my call pay off GM picking up a major chunk of the trans !
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Nice!
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

renovation

Post by renovation »

word today they hope by friday to have my car back to me -if not it be next week.
renovation

Post by renovation »

car still in the shop :(
were still driving a 2015 loaner. was expecting a call yesterday that it was done. looks like first of the week before we see it now. seeing its Saturday im guessing I should be correct on my guess here !
renovation

Post by renovation »

picked the car up today. there a trans humming im not really sure of yet. they replaced the whole trans not just rebuilt my old unit.
renovation

Post by renovation »

back to a second dealer now . abs light and traction control lights came on yesterday. front right wheel earing humming while turning. and there still a slight hum like from the transmissions converter. loved it Friday wife got a call from the first dealership saying they needed us to stop by so they could look at the car and get a serial no. off the replacement trans for the warranty. funny thing is the service writer at the new dealer said they have no idea were they even look to find that number on the trans, so now im back in a rental and paying $60 to have the looked at again.