Somebody From Chevy's Dumb 'Real People' Ads Spoke Out About The Hilariously Awkward Experience

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Somebody From Chevy's Dumb 'Real People' Ads Spoke Out About The Hilariously Awkward Experience

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Re: Somebody From Chevy's Dumb 'Real People' Ads Spoke Out About The Hilariously Awkward Experience

Post by Pugsley »

If I ever get the chance to be in that situation I am going to demand the engineer that thought of using the reverse lights for "courtesy or convenience" lighting on GM vehicles be punched and fired. Its so annoying in parking lots. I always warn people that they left their car in reverse when I see them.
Err
Life Member

Re: Somebody From Chevy's Dumb 'Real People' Ads Spoke Out About The Hilariously Awkward Experience

Post by Err »

There are numerous papers and books written concerning the psychology of how groups can be led to believe something. It starts with who they recruit. None of these people knew what I JD Ass. Award is. If they did, they wouldn't have been too impressed. I doubt they'd ever recruit car people. On the off chance they did, that would get edited out anyway. I feel bad for these folks. $200 for 2 hours is a good deal but they should be paid more. The commercials are really dumb too. Chevy is getting better to the point that I really like the new Cruze Diesel Hatchback. It get 50 mpg highway, comes with a 6 spd manual, and retails for around 26K.

My dad works as a parts clerk at a Chevy Dealer. His rants about how the computers update the parts catalog alone would keep him out of the commercial. I think that the updates still come on physical media.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

You have a Diesel Cruse? How is it? Ever since VW screwed the pooch my Diesel options have been limited to big trucks. Have a 03 Beetle now that's hopped up and still gets 50mpg and can roll the tires off in second.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Pugsley wrote:You have a Diesel Cruse? How is it? Ever since VW screwed the pooch my Diesel options have been limited to big trucks. Have a 03 Beetle now that's hopped up and still gets 50mpg and can roll the tires off in second.
I don't have one but I'm very interested in the new Cruze. I still need to pay off my Challenger before I'd consider getting one. Motor1 had a really good review of the sedan: https://www.motor1.com/reviews/144401/2 ... sel-sedan/. Here are the details on the hatch: https://www.motor1.com/news/146103/2018 ... diesel-rs/
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

I'm stuck buying GM do to inlaw's work for them . my wifes all GM and its her who gets the new car not me when new ! there a bunch of cars I'd prefer to look at . ID for sure take a Mustang over a Camaro . also buy a f-150 over a chevy Pickup . not so thilled with Ford Aluminum pick up as a work truck do.