Biker ignores bike shaking at high speed

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Biker ignores bike shaking at high speed

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The bike isn't supposed to shake, dumbass. You pull over and see what the hell is wrong.
This guy merged onto the I-80E (Sacramento, CA) on his motorcycle as we were driving in the fast lane. As he merged, his bike would shake and wobble. He sometimes would only have one hand on the handle bars while it was shaking!! We couldn't figure out why it was shaking, but we noticed it would only do it once he hit high speeds. We paced him for 5-10 miles after watching him "almost" loose control (about 5 or 6 times), so I got my phone out, thinking "its only a matter of time before he crashes" and I wanted the video as evidence in case anyone else got hurt. Sure enough the very moment I get my phone out, happens to be the time he loses control. We pulled over immediately.....called 911, and help the man (and his bike) off to the side of the road as quickly as possible. He did walk over to the right shoulder by himself. His face was really mashed up (his nose looked broken) and arms covered in blood. Crazy road rash!!! I still wonder how he's doing :(

Oh, and the sirens you hear in the background aren't because he's being chased by the cops....my kids were watching peppa pig.....it was just a coincidence ;)
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Re: Biker ignores bike shaking at high speed

Post by Pugsley »

Too bad Darwin didn't claim him.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Why would he go that fast and with one hand no less? Baffled.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

ASS HAT !
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Hmm... bikes starting to death wobble... better go faster!
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I rode for 12 years. It's called a "tank slapper" and has other names too. It can be caused by various factors such as tire pressure, bad rims, or other reasons but when it does, it comes on pretty quick and if you don't get it under control quickly, you're gonna end up like that guy. The handlebars might have moved, causing him to twist the throttle even more.

Riding a bike with one hand is common actually and fine. Since we can't see what led up to that point in the video, it's tough to say what really happened or caused it.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

We paced him for 5-10 miles after watching him "almost" loose control (about 5 or 6 times)...
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Losbot wrote:I rode for 12 years. It's called a "tank slapper" and has other names too. It can be caused by various factors such as tire pressure, bad rims, or other reasons but when it does, it comes on pretty quick and if you don't get it under control quickly, you're gonna end up like that guy. The handlebars might have moved, causing him to twist the throttle even more.

Riding a bike with one hand is common actually and fine. Since we can't see what led up to that point in the video, it's tough to say what really happened or caused it.
Oh, I get riding with one hand, but not with the bike doing that.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:
We paced him for 5-10 miles after watching him "almost" loose control (about 5 or 6 times)...
If that's accurate, then there was something wrong with the bike and he must have figured he could hold out until his destination. That's not smart. I've recovered from a tank slapper but it wasn't because the bike was faulty. It was weight distribution that was screwing me. Addressed it and I was fine.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

normalicy wrote: Oh, I get riding with one hand, but not with the bike doing that.
Agreed. If he had actually lost control control 4 or 5 prior times like the OP claims, then that's on the rider to stop and check his bike out.