Mechanical Problems

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
Executioner
Life Member

Mechanical Problems

Post by Executioner »

Pugsley

Re: Mechanical Problems

Post by Pugsley »

Some of that in intentional... and some of it would be found if we had DOT inspections, and other are just people not knowing anything about how a engine works.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Pugsley wrote:Some of that in intentional... and some of it would be found if we had DOT inspections, and other are just people not knowing anything about how a engine works.
total agree - intentional and people just being stupid doing auto repairs them self .
once had a boss trade in his wifes caddy and the dealership came back . give them a bill for a new oil pan for there trade in do to her. never getting a oil change on the car. he was hot as hell at his wife.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

One thing I've learned is that a lot of people think they are mechanics who have no place touching a vehicle.... including some mechanics.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Yeah I had my TDI bug at the deal once to have a turbo line replaced (pain to do myself with out a lift) and they knocked off a vacuum line that disabled the turbo. I knew this when they gave me the car cause it had a loud idle. I told them what they must of done and the mechanic argued that the car does not use vacuum to control the turbo and even if it did no vacuum would cause boost. In fact you have to apply vacuum to the turbo actuator to make boost and remove vacuum to lower boost. Its a fail safe system but the mechanic said that everything was fine.

I have a boost gauge on my car and told him to get in and we can take it for a quick rip in the parking lot and i could show him its not making boost. Then he finally believed me and checked all the lines and found that the feed line to the turbo had come off the control valve. Plug it back in and WOW everything works again. According to the service manager that was the best TDI mechanic in the shop. I would not trust them to work on my car unless they did exactly what i tell them to.