cleaning bugs off windshield ?

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

cleaning bugs off windshield ?

Post by reno »

any ideas tried dryer sheets and it seems to work some . i was driving on the freeway today and got bombarded by insects . power washed and used dryer sheets . heard they help get them dead bugs off .but i still have splatter bugs on my windshield . any ideas you used or heard that may work and doesn't sound half baked . :bang :bang :bang
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: cleaning bugs off windshield ?

Post by Losbot »

I drove down the turnpike on Sunday from Gainesville to Broward county. I must have hit a couple thousand of them. They were in large swarms and it sounded like hard rain hitting the car, there were that many.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Auto parts store sells some bug cleaner that usually works. So does a pressure washer.

If it's Love Bugs (and they just came out a couple of days ago so I assume it is) the sooner you get them off the better. They have an acid in their blood that eats paint.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

i think it is love bugs there really bad around my condo . power washer only did a half ass job of cleaning them . I know I hit swarms of them today at like 70 to 80 mph !