Guidemaster: The best dash cams worthy of a permanent place in your car

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Guidemaster: The best dash cams worthy of a permanent place in your car

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I still have the Yi camera they list as the "Best Budget Cam" that I picked up on sale at Amazon last year. No frills, but it does the job.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/06 ... ery-drive/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Guidemaster: The best dash cams worthy of a permanent place in your car

Post by Losbot »

Mine has been great for me the last 2.5 years now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HN0HBFG/

No complaints.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

It's funny that the guide lists "no gps" as bad. I consider that a plus. I'd recommend never having your speed displayed on your dash camera.

Losbot I also have an A119. I recently bought another for the rear because tailgating has gotten really bad lately.

I had this happen recently. Ancient woman bluffs her way into traffic. I should've hit the brakes sooner but I didn't expect her to stay in my lane.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

This is the one I got back in 2014: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N8 ... UTF8&psc=1

Currently in use in my truck. I need it as I deal with idiots on bicycles around a college area. When I bought it, it was cheaper than what is currently listed. My only complaint is the time. Every month, I have to readjust the time since it +5 minutes per month.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah I don't see a need for GPS. Mine doesn't have one.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

The GPS is not a bad thing if you are placing it in a work vehicle. I too, prefer to not display my speed. I also don't record audio, as they don't need to hear me cursing up a storm.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Losbot wrote:The GPS is not a bad thing if you are placing it in a work vehicle. I too, prefer to not display my speed. I also don't record audio, as they don't need to hear me cursing up a storm.
In a work vehicle, it makes sense to have GPS. I record the audio on my front camera but end up cutting it out because Youtube will copyright claim the music I'm listening to. In the clip I posted above, you would've heard be blaring on the horn and then missing second gear when I took off again had I not muted and trimmed it.
Last edited by Err on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Executioner wrote: My only complaint is the time. Every month, I have to readjust the time since it +5 minutes per month.
This could be a firmware issue. If you're comfortable flashing it, it may be worthwhile to update it. I'd read the release notes and see if your issue is addressed before messing with it.