Tesla Cybertruck

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
Err
Life Member

Tesla Cybertruck

Post by Err »

The base model is $39K for 250 miles of range and 7,500 lbs towing.

It's ugly but in an 80's sci-fi sort of way. I don't hate it. It will be interesting if this actually goes into production.

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-cybertruck-t ... 1839984174

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: Tesla Cybertruck

Post by Genom »

It must be so fun to be a millionaire who doesn't give a fuck.

The car looks fugly, but I am sure there are those that will buy it because of course there are.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

LOL!

Tesla's truck needs more polygons. . .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

In a strange way, I like it. Be nice if there's a version that exchanges the rear passenger seats for a longer bed. Not a long enough bed for my needs.

On Twitter he's saying a hermetically sealed version of this could be used on Mars.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

I mean, wouldn't that be true of any electric vehicle though?
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin wrote:In a strange way, I like it. Be nice if there's a version that exchanges the rear passenger seats for a longer bed. Not a long enough bed for my needs.

On Twitter he's saying a hermetically sealed version of this could be used on Mars.
Since I'm in Southern Ohio, I'm betting Mars will get Super-Charging stations before we will.

Like I said before, I don't hate this. It looks very utilitarian. Like you, I'd want a longer bed. I'd also want different tires. I'd never be taking it off road to need those. I don't know if anyone's seen the interior shots but that steering "wheel" isn't making it to production. While it looks cool, an actual wheel would work better.

I read where these come with 120V outlets and an air compressor.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Interior video of test drive here:

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Back in October, insideevs.com posted this render and everyone thought they were insane:

https://insideevs.com/news/375461/tesla ... r-ram-box/

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

if this or something along these lines go into production .it be interesting seeing what company like Leer do to make a truck bed cap for it. also what other companies come up with as accessories to buy. right now the truck just not practical for anyone needing a work truck. the beds to short and the tail gates may not be designed to allow driving with it down straight out . like today pickups by most manufacturers. then tesla my not be looking for the work truck market to sell this in.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I guess that demo of the glass didn't go as planned? lol
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Despite the negative publicity, the failed glass demo, the negative reaction to the looks of the car, and the stock market punishing Tesla's stock, they got 150,000 orders.

I gotta give Musk credit. He's tapped into something. Every time he releases a new vehicle it's mocked, and then the orders pour in.

Cybertruck: Tesla truck gets 150,000 orders despite launch gaffe
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50536200

Me, personally, I would still love to buy the high end Model S. I've driven one, and it's a beautiful piece of engineering. The cost doesn't bother me - I spent that much on my wife's 2018 Navigator.

I'm still pretty happy with my 2012 Navigator, and it only has 50K miles on it, but I am seriously considering a Model S next time around.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'm salivating for that new C8 Corvette.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I wish they would bring back the ElCamino with a V6 turbo diesel.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Id like a Ford Rancho if they bring it back but Im think both the Elcamino and Rancho .are but just company hype .seeing there not any Rear drive cars made by them and both these trucks to be like the original models would need to be .if they are to make a true comeback as retro production cars /trucks . some years ago GM looked into making a retro Bel air of there 1958 model .they showed it off at the detroit auto show. it showed high public demand and pre-orders by local dealers were taken. but it never went into production for reasons never released .