The Tata Nano is One of The Cheapest Cars Ever Produced

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

The Tata Nano is One of The Cheapest Cars Ever Produced

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: The Tata Nano is One of The Cheapest Cars Ever Produced

Post by Losbot »

Tata is a smart company. They bought and completely turned Jaguar around. The company is loaded with cash.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

i thought ford sunk a lot of cash into Jaguar. im aware ford did rewire the Jaguar line .the old Jaguars had really bad electrical systems . after some years you would find out if you keep them that long. most didn't because jaguar was a statues symbol car for years .
Last edited by reno on Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

"The way this car performs in a crash is, have you ever stepped on an empty soda can?"
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

reno wrote:i thought ford sunk a lot of cash into Jaguar. im aware ford did rewire the Jaguar line .the old Jaguars had really bad electrical systems . after some years you would find out if you keep them that long. most didn't because jaguar was a statues symbol car for years .
Ford was the worst thing that ever happened to Jaguar. Killed them. Their motors sucked and the cars were not very exciting.
In the years since Tata took over, they poured a tone of money into Jag and helped draw a lot more attention to it. Their XE came out in 2016 and I custom ordered one after a few articles came out where they compared it to the BMW 3 series. When some of the editors started saying that the BMW was no longer the world's ultimate driving machine, I had to test one out and loved it. Jag rented the local airport and set up a track to demo and haul ass on. I was hooked. Blew away my BMWs.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Nice Jag. I've always liked the looks of them and I hope they can rise above their perceived reliability issues. The running joke is that you need to buy two.

Ford used to have a hand in Volvo, Mazda, and Range Rover as well as Jaguar. Just before the big recession hit, Ford dumped all of these companies.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yeah, they've shed that old stigma. The key part was designing and building their own engines instead of using the Ford engines. My V6 had 320HP stock and with a re-tune, I got it up to 420. The key was that it was supercharged instead of a turbo, so there was no turbo lag. Fast when you consider the entire chassis was aluminum. Very fun car to drive.