Took just 1 day of driving. TAKE MY MONEY!!

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Took just 1 day of driving. TAKE MY MONEY!!

Post by FlyingPenguin »

:rockon:
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

sweet insurance wise hope your putting MD plates on it . we love Florida yearly plate fee but not cost of insurance here. we thought Michigan's was bad enough.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

No. Plates will be FL ones. I just bought it from that dealership because the demand is so high, you have to go to the big dealers who have lots of allocations from GM. Otherwise, you'll be waiting years with a smaller dealer. The MD dealership will handle all my FL stuff.
Insurance is actually not bad. It's NOT my primary vehicle, so that helps and there are companies that specialize in that.

I'll be paying about $1100/year for 100k/300k of coverage and with agreed upon value of $90k so if my car is a total loss, then I get a 90k check from them. Not market value. So I take that check and go buy another w/o having to come up with any extra cash.
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Damn nice car. I hope you enjoy it.

In my trips with the gang C4 drivers, we had 1 guy that would lead the pack that had the best radar in his car. When he was going slow we knew it was for a reason. We never went fast unless it was safe. He picked places with minimal traffic so the vette could exercise it's legs. The only way I could get one now since I'm retired is to win the loto.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Executioner wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:22 am Damn nice car. I hope you enjoy it.

In my trips with the gang C4 drivers, we had 1 guy that would lead the pack that had the best radar in his car. When he was going slow we knew it was for a reason. We never went fast unless it was safe. He picked places with minimal traffic so the vette could exercise it's legs. The only way I could get one now since I'm retired is to win the loto.
Or stop buying food, TP, water, etc.... It all adds up. :D

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

my area here in Florida must be a high rate area .that a very good insurance rate . no points and looked around for a good deal . ended up with geico and my 2 cars one the min coverage . are 6 month rate with home condo discount is $1650.00 & $100,000/$300,000 non stacked :( will be looking around again come renewal time for sure.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Here you go Los, just for you. One more thing to worry about. :)

Chevy dealer replaces customer's Corvette after employee's 148-mph street race
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/08/20/cor ... ccounter=1

The mechanic starts racing another car around the 9:30 mark.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Why replace it? The car is designed to run that fast. Nothing broke - I don't get it.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Probably the dealer's way of avoiding a lawsuit and bad press.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yeah, I've been following that on the Corvette forum since the video was first released. I know the car is made for that but we also don't know how new it is. As per GM, no RPMs over 3500 for the first 500 miles (the tach actually shows it until 500, at which point it shifts over) and no track or high speed racing until after 1500 miles. Even if it's designed for that, we all know that what that tech did, is something nobody wants having done with their car. The abuse on the car, wear on tires and hell maybe a blown speaker with how loud he was playing that music.

It's definitely the dealer trying to save face and look like they're taking care of the customer but they're just looking to avoid the bad press and lost revenue, as owners will consider other dealers for service. That's their bread and butter for most.
Here's a couple of points though.

1- They'll get the 2021 back and make 15k-30k over MSRP on it. The market is still pretty hot on these cars and the 2022s start rolling off the line mid-SEP. Almost there.
2- If the dealer is a Corvette Certified one, then they're supposed to have Corvette certified techs working on the Corvettes. This tech must not have been a certified tech or he would have known the PDR (Performance Data Recorder) would be capturing everything. Or would have at least trying disabling it first. Looks bad that they've got the regular techs working on the car. Now, if they're not a Corvette certified dealer, then that's the car owner's fault. GM site points out who is certified or not.

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago, here at my office:

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Nice - you still need that blonde...just saying...