What is GM thinking ?

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

What is GM thinking ?

Post by reno »

we are out car shopping again the wifes 2018 GMC terrain is ready to be turned back in from the 3 year lease. we were thinking just turn it back in and just lease a 2021 Gmc Terrain. we like the car and the 2021 not changed in the last 3 years . Except for one major thing .they no longer as of 2021 model year offer the larger more powerful 2.0 dual turbo motor. they are only offering the smaller 1.5L Gas Turbo-Charged Engine. the car with this motor to me feels like a turtle. it don't have the guts to get out of it's own way. when trying to get on the freeway or to pass someone . talked to the sales person who called the area sales rep. and found out there not bring it back with the 2.0 motor . even do we did read a posting online that it would be. the article I read said it was drop due to the virus and only a limited no were sold with the bigger motor every year. I don't do a lot of towing but we want the extra power when we do.
looks like we may have to jump up to the larger GMC ACADIA 7 passenger if we want a more powerful suv. also 4 grand base price .
we do have the option of keeping this car but are buyout price is more then the prices were seeing used going for . :(
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: What is GM thinking ?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'd at least try to negotiate a better buyout price. They'd probably prefer to sell it to you than let it sit on a lot somewhere.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

:said:
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

We went through the same thing with my wife's vehicle. We had the Terrain and then moved up to the Acadia. I can say though the Acadia was a MUCH better vehicle and SUPER comfortable for long drives. Give it some consideration if you can swing the extra cash. We never regretted it once we got it.
------------------------------------------