anyone been having a problem getting gas ?

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

anyone been having a problem getting gas ?

Post by reno »

tap off both cars today - first car at like 10:30 this morning no problem and no wait. at 2 pm today first station all pumps had bag covers on saying out of gas .there was a guy filling his pick up with diesel . so went down the road about 4-5 miles to another Circle K had to wait in line .but was only like 1 car back .no big deal really on wait . ended up going out for carry out dinner . there was no back up at the same station we filled up twice today. but it was like 6:30 pm tonight. there were some cars filling at the pumps.now my wifes in tampa and at 5 plus station she went to all were out of gas . this afternoon !
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: anyone been having a problem getting gas ?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

People are being stupid. There's no shortage in Florida except the one created by people running out and hoarding gas. We don't get our gas from the pipeline.

I haven't gone out for gas because I have 3/4 of tank and that will last me for a while, but a friend of mine said he had to hit 3 different gas stations this morning to avoid lines.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Same with what happened with toilet paper. This reminds me of the gas lines from the early 70's. In the end, they had to ration gas based on your license place on the car - even and odd numbers here in CA. I saw a pic of a guy filling up not only his car, but several 5 gal containers - fucking hoarders. Here in CA, gas is $4/gal except for Costco but close at $3.80/gal.

[img]https://i0.wp.com/www.wseetonline.com/rs/wp- ... C737&ssl=1[/img]
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Executioner wrote:Same with what happened with toilet paper.]
I was going to say the same thing. I'm working in Minnesota this week and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary at the gas stations.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

There shouldn't be a shortage in Ohio as we're not affected by the pipeline. However, the Wife saw someone filling up a bunch of cans yesterday. Since I have such a long commute, I've just been topping off more often just in case. I generally stop halfway through my commute for caffeine and breakfast. If there is a gas shortage, it will be the idiots doing. There's just not enough drivers for the tanker trucks right now.

I'd also like to know who's bright idea it was to have the software that controls the pipeline even touching anything outside their intranet.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Reports today was that it was unpatched Exchange Servers. This should be a wakeup call for any company running infrastructure equipment.

----

Edit

Bloomberg says they paid the ransom, which is not a good thing in the long run. Hackers win again. :(
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Aaaand Darwin is in full force in Florida. The story doesn't say so, but I'll bet the idiot was smoking. I have to transport several 5 gallon gas cans in the back of my Yukon all the time for my hungry zero turn mowers. Granted, I switched to industrial safety metal cans and got away from plastic years ago, but even with plastic I never had a problem. The only time you're in danger is when if you have vapors (like with you're typical leaky plastic can) and create a static discharge rubbing against a seat maybe. I also see plenty of idiots without gas can caps.

Hummer destroyed in fire, one person hurt
https://www.chronicleonline.com/news/local/h ... user-share

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Im glad just about everything I own runs on Diesel.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Heh, looks like the hackers got hacked, or more likely, made up a story they were hacked and went underground. Or Russian gov reined in their leashes. I guess they pushed their luck too far by hitting the pipeline.

DarkSide Ransomware Gang Quits After Servers, Bitcoin Stash Seized
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/05/darkside ... sh-seized/