new pads and rotors and tires

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

new pads and rotors and tires

Post by reno »

couldn't be happier with a set of front and rear pads and rotors and all caliper hardware from Callahan Brake Parts. bought the set off amazon and no brake sequel ,very smooth stopping low to non brake dust on my wheels . the price didn't kill the bank . been some months now on my 2014 Toyota Camry. the whole setup with tax was under $225.00 these are the slotted and vented rotors not the solid factory style . I held off posting about them till we had some miles on them in case . we hated them but couldn't be happier at this point and the price was about 1 to 2 hundred less then evolution brand of the same set up . funny part is if you buy evolution brand depending if you buy direct or though action auto or O’Reilly auto parts the price can double or more and they are all shipped out of the same place to you directly. we did a bunch of research and its just a name on the boxing that different. all shipped from one location to you . with this type of brake rotors as some on the board know they must be installed on the proper sides to go in the right rotation .
the same is true for the new CROSSCLIMATE2 tire we had installed about the same time we did the brakes . there marked the direction to be installed . being in Florida we wanted a good rain tire . also im a Michelin tire buyer well pay the extra to have them and I did buying these .
(back in the early late 70's early 80s when I worked in auto parts Bendix said that they were going to be sell brake kits . these kits would be pads ,hardware and rotors . today its the norm only a couple of places will turn rotors and there hard to fine .and most brake rotors are disposal one time use.
Image Image
Executioner
Life Member

Re: new pads and rotors and tires

Post by Executioner »

Not bad. I just had my wife's Honda CRV breaks done at the local Goodyear shop. $600 for parts and labor. In the past, I used to do it, but now with old age setting in, I don't want to screw up my back. Currently recovering from back spasms.