wiper blades ?

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

wiper blades ?

Post by reno »

how often do you replace your wiper blades ? any good replacement brands you prefer !
the blades on a 2021 Acadia are just falling apart the car has like 10,000 miles and car a year old . the blades are tearing apart on the ends even the rear window wiper blade . never had them go that soon before on any new car we have owned . we have always bought brand name replacement before and seem to got like a couple of years out of them for my other cars . even on my junker and work trucks even the no brand cheapo blades have seen years of ware before needing replacement. in the pass the factory OEM that came on the car seem to be the best of any replacement we could find ! :(
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: wiper blades ?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Florida sun is pretty brutal. If the car is parked outside a lot I've seen them go in 6 months. But yeah, could be cheap blades as well. My garage kept cars, maybe 2 years. Don't really pay all that much attention. When they tell me they're looking ratty at the dealer when I go in for an oil and lube, I have them changed.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I have a 2016 Subaru Outback and I have to replacement every year. The car is parked outside all day. My wife's car is parked in the garage, and they are replaced every 2 years.

Bosh and Rainx are good brands that I've used before.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

last night we did order some rain-x blades not a min to soon. filled up today with gas today and went to clean the windshield and back window. lifted the rear wiper blade and there was just a strain of rubber like a limp noodle for wiper . don't understand why but it seems like most list a replacement blade for a lot of cars with rear wipers .also can cost you more like double for a 10 or 11 inch wiper blade then a 24 inch . must be a supply and demand pricing. seeing cars only need one short blade for the rear window.