electric cars ?

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

electric cars ?

Post by reno »

maybe i'm wrong with my thinking here . but why have they not released a electric cars with a solar panel built into its roof. is this do to the added weight will cut down on its travel distance ? couldn't they also charge using there wheels and brakes as extra ways to supply charging ability. im not trying to sound like Ahole just wondering . had a guy try to sell me on them last night and these thoughts have made me wonder about for a while . I just cant see electric cars for long travels like going from Michigan to Florida or new York to California do to having to stop to hook up to charging stations and wait 1 hour or long to recharge the battery pack. it can sure add delays to your trip having to wait to recharge and if the stations are back up with other waiting to plug in .
Executioner
Life Member

Re: electric cars ?

Post by Executioner »

Pugsley

Re: electric cars ?

Post by Pugsley »

Electric cars already to regen braking but I still don't like how the system works. You have a normal hydraulic brake system and the pedal works like on a normal car and when it detects it being pressed by the brake light switch it puts the car into regen. The system I would like to have on the car is still have conventional brakes... but make the pedal have 2 different "stuffiness" depending on how far you push the pedal... say the first third to halve of pedal movement just activates regen braking and have it be variable force... then if you still need more stopping power and regen in maxed then you get into the standard mechanical breaking. This way as the driver I can better manage my regen and battery usage. Also stop simulating a normal car with an automatic. I dont want the car to roll forward when off both pedals.. also I just want it to coast when off the accelerator. If some electric manufacturer had a setup like this I would be all in for buying one. Maybe make it the pro eco mode or some shit like that.