Car Stereo Stuff & some PC Parts

Computer Parts, Games, DVD's, ex-girfriends..well you get the idea. No dealers, referral links, spam, or auctions. Please be sure your email shows in your profile and to post a price when selling.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

We were thinking Jade Moon. I'm starting to like that name. As for the reaction from my wife. I figure, there'll be a bit of that, but she should be thankful after all. I saved her all the trouble of deciding.
sheerdark

Post by sheerdark »

Originally posted by BillyGoat
How odd, My daughters name is Jadelynn Marie
GL with the the naming, and pray your daughter is not a red head like mine is ;)

Red hair runs in my wife's family...so I was glad that she didn't come out red-headed. All guys, including fathers, know the stories about redheads! Sometimes my Sony camera oversaturates, or something, my daughter's hair making it look like it has an undertone of red. However, in reality, it is merely blonde - like mine. She has green eyes, though - which was strange because my wife has brown and I have blue. We figured the green must have come from my wife's mother, since she has green eyes. Genetics is strange, but I always thought brown was dominant? A brown eyed blonde would have been cool!

That is strange that I almost suggested your daughter's name. You know what they say: Great minds think alike!
HARDWARE: Collective term for any computer-related object that can be kicked or battered when inclined to do so.
sheerdark

Post by sheerdark »

Originally posted by normalicy
We were thinking Jade Moon. I'm starting to like that name. As for the reaction from my wife. I figure, there'll be a bit of that, but she should be thankful after all. I saved her all the trouble of deciding.

Nice name for a little girl, but be prepared for her friends to tell her that her parents are "hippies" :D

Just as all the people are going to tell my daughter that her parents are country bumpkins with the middle name Belle....while I chose it for a totally different reason. Additionally, I am NO country bumpkin, while I was born & raised in Georgia...I have no southern accent.....my wife is another story.

Good luck with everything...you'll be really busy in a couple of days, but be sure to check in once in awhile and share some pictures and such. I'll be on the lookout!
HARDWARE: Collective term for any computer-related object that can be kicked or battered when inclined to do so.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Yeah, I figured the whole "Moon" part of the name would really set me in the hippy genre, but hey, at least it's not Moon Unit or Apple.

I actually plan on posting the pics here first & to keep this post on topic, I'm going to try to update it with more stuff that I've been too lazy to put up.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

That was stupid of me, I went & posted the picture & edited the post & everything. Then I forgot to bump it.
DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

cute kid, congrats!
sheerdark

Re: FS/FT: Stereo Stuff & Baby Finally Here (Updated 6/17/05 My Baby Girl)

Post by sheerdark »

Well, that was quick. 12 hours of labor & poof. Baby! Happened at 6-16-05 at 7:02pm CST. Healthy & uncomplicated. Couldn't ask for more.

Wow, your wife certainly was happy. Did she use any drugs? You've got a beautiful newborn, but who's that goofy looking guy that's holding her? :cool :

My wife had an induced labor, which took about the same amount of time. At the time her stress level was high, because our nephew had just passed away, so they decided to induce to minimize the risks on our little girl. However, it was her due date, so she was born when she was supposed to be anywyas. Glad that you came out alive and I hope the wife didn't say too many hateful things to you when she was in labor :D

I can still remember seeing my little girl's head about 10 minutes before the doctor even arrived...my wife actually had to hold her in until the doctor could get there from his practice! It certainly is an experience!
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Thanks! Oh yeah, she was on drugs. She was crying like a baby just before she got the epidural. So, it might not have been so nice for me otherwise. She didn't even hurl one insult at me either. I consider myself lucky. As for holding heads, that's not my thing. I tried to hard to stay at the head of the bed just not to see anything. I nearly passed out when I walked around to go to the bathroom & came back out forgetting to look down. Blood & me = guy laying on the floor unconcious.
sheerdark

Post by sheerdark »

Thanks! Oh yeah, she was on drugs. She was crying like a baby just before she got the epidural. So, it might not have been so nice for me otherwise. She didn't even hurl one insult at me either. I consider myself lucky. As for holding heads, that's not my thing. I tried to hard to stay at the head of the bed just not to see anything. I nearly passed out when I walked around to go to the bathroom & came back out forgetting to look down. Blood & me = guy laying on the floor unconcious.

Haha....I enjoyed looking and seeing the miracle at work, but I know it's not for everybody. Yeah, my wife was in LOTS of pain before the epidural....she had to get three, though. They couldn't get it right...durn hospital workers and their long schedules and exhaustion. She had three holes in her back on the spine...went thru the pain 3 times, just to get rid of the birthing/labor pain. I know the pain must be bad if you're willing to have a tube shoved down your spine for relief! What troopers women are!

However, in our case, the epidural helped my wife relax enough to progress, where she wasn't progressing before. They always caution you against giving the epidural too early, but finally, I simply walked out and said "I don't care what you guys say, give it to her NOW...she's in pain." It's amazing what love will do to you....I'm not normally an aggressive person.

My wife didn't really yell at me any, either. She just didn't want to be touched or talked to for a little while, which I can understand. Especially since they beat it into your head to keep your wife breathing and the last thing that they want to hear is...breathe, baby, breathe! :)

Have fun with that adorable miracle,

Matt
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

It was killing me, because I had no internet access at the hospital except dial-up (which I don't have). So, I'm finally posting again. My goodness, I'm tired. The nurses come in about every 15 minutes to check something or another & that includes in the middle of the night. I was falling asleep about every second that I had a chance. Somehow, my wife was awake even more than me. Don't know how she did it.

Yeah, after a $90 lamaze class, the only thing that I used from it was how to find the kitchen in the hospital. Everything else I used, pretty much made my wife mad. So I just stood there & said that she was gonna make it.
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Post by Karchiveur »

Congrats, I'm always looking at your FS page, i got 2x512 infenion 2700 in your interested pm me
First person ever Banned from 3dmaxx.com
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Gratz to the father!!!!

glad it all went well
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Thanks again.

Karchiveur, I actually got some ram just recently from newegg, since the prices plunged so much. So, I can't say I actually need it. But let me know what you're interested in, & I'll let you know what I can do. I'm hoping to add to the list soon when I get a chance. Got about 20 more amps to add & a bunch of coaxials & subs.
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Post by Karchiveur »

alright, as soon as you get those items up, I'll pm you about it :)

good luck sleeping :P
First person ever Banned from 3dmaxx.com
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Finally did a proper update. Most everything that I have here. Only a few things that I didn't figure worth mentioning.