WTT My IDE HD for your SATA HD

Computer Parts, Games, DVD's, ex-girfriends..well you get the idea. No dealers, referral links, spam, or auctions. Please be sure your email shows in your profile and to post a price when selling.
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

WTT My IDE HD for your SATA HD

Post by GuardianAsher »

I have two 160GB IDE Drives, and I'd like to trade one of them, or both of them for some SATA drive/s.

The trader can choose either/or. One of then is a Seagate Barracuda ST3160021A, and the other is a Hitachi Deskstar 7K160. The Seagate has 93 S.M.A.R.T. hours, and the Hitachi has 99.

Here's what I'm hoping to get for a trade. For one drive, I'd like to get at least a 120G SATA drive, maybe even an 80, but it depends on the trader. I might even consider a SCSI drive and adaptor, a drive like a Raptor or something. For both, I'd settle for a couple of 120's, a 250GB SATA, ideally 300. Can't put any money into the deal, since I'm flat broke. Take that back, my balance is negative. New motherboard and proc after my XP bit the dust.

If someone's interested, I could put in a Socket 478 Celeron 2.0GHz into the trade. Ideally, I'd like an even GB for GB trade, but I doubt that will happen.

LMK!
Qui Gon-Jinn
Golden Member

Post by Qui Gon-Jinn »

Poor kid owes more money to me and the store than he's worth.. errr yeah..

I don't have a SATA drive that I want to part with.. but yeah. keep your eyes open..

I need to figure out how to get drives 7 and 8 into my lanboy for QuakeCon.. I mean.. doesn't everyone need 1.5TB?

Just because I am an a$$hole.. doesn't mean I don't care..

FCKGW RHQQ2 YXRKT 8TG6W 2B7Q8
Echelon V
Genuine Member

Post by Echelon V »

Not many people trade SATAs for IDEs because SATAs are worth much more..... its newer technology. ;)
You should sell them on here and then buy an SATA drive with it. :)
Invisible Evil

Post by Invisible Evil »

I actually have a SATA I just bought from Newegg , i ment to buy an IDE but ended up getting SATA instead. Its a 80gb Hitachi w/8mb cache.
LMK if your interested. I will be provided the trade is for a HDD that is mint.
Or buy the drive for 40.00 Shipped.
Echelon V
Genuine Member

Post by Echelon V »

The odds!!! This seems to be ashers lucky day. If I were you GuardianAsher, I would take him up on his offer. Amazing luck!!! Made me eat my words. LOL :o
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

Invisible Evil, YGPM!