110 volt fan ??

Computer Parts, Games, DVD's, ex-girfriends..well you get the idea. No dealers, referral links, spam, or auctions. Please be sure your email shows in your profile and to post a price when selling.
nitro237

110 volt fan ??

Post by nitro237 »

I need a couple fans, something like the 80 mm case fans, but they must 110 volt. Anybody know where I can find some ?

eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

GL... Your best bet would be to get the others and buy a 12v Wall Power supply to hook them up to.
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

eGoCeNTRoNiX wrote:GL... Your best bet would be to get the others and buy a 12v Wall Power supply to hook them up to.

I am building an egg incubator and need a couple to put inside to move a little air. If I could find some 110 volt fans, it would be so much easier.

BTW, you need any chickens?

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

They make them. Try electronic supply places like DigiKey. Or electronics surplus.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I have some, but I'd say that they are pretty loud.
MidnightSin

Post by MidnightSin »

Or simply use an old pc power supply incorperated into your build to power the fans and possibly any 12 volt add ons you may want such as a heat pad.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Ebay.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

LOL! No, no need for chickens! You're starting a regular old farm out there huh? I'll have to come check it out some time.. heh
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

eGoCeNTRoNiX wrote:LOL! No, no need for chickens! You're starting a regular old farm out there huh? I'll have to come check it out some time.. heh
hehe, yep, horses, cows, chickens, who knows what's next. :s mile

I did find some on a webiste that was designed for server cabinets, but they were $50 and up to a couple of hundred

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Do a Google search for "110 volt muffin fan". Back in the day, these type of fans were called muffin fans.

A quick google search turned up with this shopper search engine that lists a bunch of them: http://www.thefind.com/appliances/info-muffin-fan
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Do a Google search for "110 volt muffin fan". Back in the day, these type of fans were called muffin fans.

A quick google search turned up with this shopper search engine that lists a bunch of them: http://www.thefind.com/appliances/info-muffin-fan
Thanks FP, I have never heard of muffin fan :s mile

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

No honestly, I think I have like 3 or 4 of these things. $25 shipped for all? They even come with a fancy mounting plate & grills.
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

normalicy wrote:No honestly, I think I have like 3 or 4 of these things. $25 shipped for all? They even come with a fancy mounting plate & grills.
How fast and loud are they? I need something not very fast, just to mova a small amount of air.

From Lamandrake's link wouldn't this be fairly low volume air mover?
EZ Fan# FP-108A-S-3. 3.13" square X 1.5". 110/120 Vac, 50/60 Hz. 0.08/0.06 A. 6/5 W. 17 CFM. Zinc housing with seven blade thermoplastic impeller. Terminals accept standard fan plug or can be so...

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

AC fans generally tend to be high RPM and rather noisy. You might want to hook them up to a dimmer to throttle them down.

Also, never stick your finger in an AC fan. A DC fan has no torque, but an AC fan will take your finger off. Make sure you have a cage on it.