HP Proliant Mini-Server....*sold*.

Computer Parts, Games, DVD's, ex-girfriends..well you get the idea. No dealers, referral links, spam, or auctions. Please be sure your email shows in your profile and to post a price when selling.
b-man1

HP Proliant Mini-Server....*sold*.

Post by b-man1 »

anyone interested in a very unused HP Proliant Mini Server?

i bought this in january intending it to be a NAS, but then never used it. i have the original packaging and such for it. i have a few smaller drives, if you want some cheap storage to go with it. lmk.

comes with the original specs: 2GB ram and single 250GB drive.

HP site:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm ... html?dnr=1

at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/HP-658553-001-Pro ... B005KKJPCO

at newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6859107052

it does not come with an OS...you need to install one.

sold
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I *MIGHT* be interested. Been looking for a small low power box for an UnRAID NAS.

QUESTION: The specs say it takes LFF drives. Am I correct in assuming these are the thin 3.5" drives, or will it take a standard 3.5" drive?

Thx.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

let me check the drive holders and verify with a standard size drive.

update: yes, standard drives fit with no problem. i had a 3TB in there that i forgot about and it was fine.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Just a follow up. This is a NICE little server box. Very quiet. It has an internal USB flash drive socket inside the case if you want to use a bootable flash drive, which was perfect in my case.

I decided to set it up as an unRAID NAS without a parity drive, which means no redundancy - just using is in JBOD mode (Just a Box of Drives mode). I'm only using it as a ripped DVD media server and nothing on it is irreplaceable. So if any one drive fails I lose all the DVDs stored on that ONE drive but that's okay. I have have the physical DVDs in storage.

I have it setup with 3 drives I had lying around (1Tb+500Gb+500Gb) for a total of 2Tb, and I can still add another drive to the 4th drive bay.

Works out great. I have it setup as a share on the network so all my Media Center PCs can access it.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

:s mile
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Another followup. This has turned out to be a really nice UnRAID box. I've started saving all my DVDs to it so I finally got around to adding a parity drive to avoid losing anything if a drive fails, and a total of 3Tb in storage (a 1Tb drive and a 2Tb drive) and I still have one bay open to add another drive. Performance is good and it's been totally reliable.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yet another Followup:

This is still running as a NAS using UnRAID. I've upgraded it to 6Tb: four 2Tb drives (one for parity).

Unit has been rock stable with no problems.