WTB Mid Range Quad Core gaming system.

Computer Parts, Games, DVD's, ex-girfriends..well you get the idea. No dealers, referral links, spam, or auctions. Please be sure your email shows in your profile and to post a price when selling.
wvjohn

WTB Mid Range Quad Core gaming system.

Post by wvjohn »

My wife has gotten into gaming and her dell lappy (I5/midrange vid) can get it done, but she only has the old video out (blue plug) etc. Don't feel like doing a build, so if anyone has anything, lmk.

I can upgrade components, HDD, etc. have the usual box of stuff laying, might be an excuse to upgrade my 6870 ;)

looking to spend maybe $300 tops since I'll probably have to pick up a vid card. Win7 a plus but not req'd. Decent AMD or I5+ quad a must.

No home-made quad Atoms :)

TIA
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Although you said you didn't want to build, you may want to check these two barebone kits out. The first is an AMD quad core FM2 system and the later is an AM3 6-core system. Although the AM3 is a bit cheaper, I'd lean toward the FM2 because the onboard video may be okay for her purposes until you buy a video card.

ASUS F2A55-M LK Motherboard and AMD Quad-Core A8-5600K 3.6GHz Radeon HD 7560D APU and Kingston HyperX Red 8GB Memory Module and Lite-On Internal 24X DVD Writer and Kingwin Maximum Series ATX 65 Bundle

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AMD 760 AM3+ Motherboard and AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.70GHz AM3 Processor and ADATA Premier Srs 4GB DDR3 Desktop Memory Module and ADATA Premier Srs 4GB DDR3 Desktop Memor Bundle