Trade: DDR3 SO-DIMMs for DDR2

Computer Parts, Games, DVD's, ex-girfriends..well you get the idea. No dealers, referral links, spam, or auctions. Please be sure your email shows in your profile and to post a price when selling.
normalicy

Trade: DDR3 SO-DIMMs for DDR2

Post by normalicy »

My neighbor has a 2x2gb set of DDR3 SO-DIMMs and was wondering if I had any DDR2 to trade. I don't, but figured that possibly someone here might.
DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

Your neighbor is seeking DDR2 SO-Dimms?
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Yup.
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Sadly DDR3-Sodimms of that capacity have almost no value since that is what most laptops ship with at least. While DDR2 is worth much more due to most laptops not handling much more than 4GB.

Just stating my opinion and what is the reality of the situation. It takes some effort just to give those away.
When all else fails, replace the user.
Gillbot

Post by Gillbot »

I have a 512mb DDR2 SODIMM you can have if that's any use.
Heatware - Gillbot
Blade is DA MAN!!!!!! :D
[SIZE="5"]R.I.P. Mr. Michael Lee Valley
blade, You will be missed. [/size]
Image Image
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

ZYFER wrote:Sadly DDR3-Sodimms of that capacity have almost no value since that is what most laptops ship with at least. While DDR2 is worth much more due to most laptops not handling much more than 4GB.

Just stating my opinion and what is the reality of the situation. It takes some effort just to give those away.
Yeah, I know, but I thought that someone may have bought an extra set on some sale never used it or something. I know I've done it.
Gillbot wrote:I have a 512mb DDR2 SODIMM you can have if that's any use.
Thanks, I actually have a few sets of those too (and offered them). Unfortunately, the guy already has a set of those himself.
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Ya, I suppose it was more of stating the obvious, sadly DDR2 has always been more expensive than DDR3. I don't know anyone who had that capacity on hand for a laptop. Wish I could be of more help. The best I had was a pair of 1GB sticks, but I gave them away awhile ago.

I have a pair of DDR3 2GB sticks as well, seem to have extreme difficulty just giving them away. Reminds me of the CRT TV I had to get rid of because no one wanted it even though it worked.
When all else fails, replace the user.