PCI-E Dual TV Tuner Card WinTV HVR-2250

Computer Parts, Games, DVD's, ex-girfriends..well you get the idea. No dealers, referral links, spam, or auctions. Please be sure your email shows in your profile and to post a price when selling.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

PCI-E Dual TV Tuner Card WinTV HVR-2250

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I have two of these dual tuner PCI-E x1 cards that I pulled from my media center PCs when I upgraded to CableCARD tuners. The tuners will pickup analog and digital channels, including over-the-air HD, and each card has a dual tuner allowing you to record one program while watching another. They are Media Center compatible (that's how I used them) or you can use the WinTV application to watch TV & record in a desktop window.

They come with IR blasters which allow them to work with a cable box (you tape the IR blaster to the cable box to allow the PC to change the channels on the box - that's how I used them, and connected the cable box to the tuner via s-video).

They will also work as video capture cards and they have s-video and composite inputs in addition to an antenna/cable input.

The two I have available are complete, with everything that came with them originally: 2 IR blasters, IR receiver, Media Center remote control, one video input harnesses, installation manual & CD (Note - there is updated software on the manufacturer's website, but you need to install the CD first).

The card can take up one or two slots - you only need the 2nd slot if you need to use the 2nd tuner's IR blaster, or video input (the secont slot is just for a back plate with additional jacks, not for a second card).

NOTE: The cards are low profile but they also come with a set of full-height brackets.

The remote control works perfectly with Windows Media Center.

$30 shipped or make me an offer.

Mini-Review here: http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Haup ... m2561.aspx

NewEgg listing here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6815116036

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Still my all-time favorite:

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "