1.2 Bird Temps?

All things AMD. The best motherboards, COOLING setup, overclocking, how to, etc..
PreDatoR
Life Member

1.2 Bird Temps?

Post by PreDatoR »

Whats everyone gettin' for temps that has a 1.2 Gig Bird. Got mine running at the moment at 1.3 Gig@1.85v's. It booted up at 109 sat ilde jumped to 112 stayed teh way for a while and i fired up folding to see how hot it would get. Its sat at 114 for 30 min now. Is it possible that the temp will only go up by 2 degree's normally i see 10-15 degrees jump on most chips if not more. Just thought i'd ask...
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

My T-bird only goes up 2-3 degrees under load from idle but I am using water cooling....

Reported t-bird temps vary widely since there isn't an internal thermal diode in the cpu like intel. All measurments are coming from that geeky thermistor inside the middle of the socket. This results in temps that vary from brand to brand and even within the same models.

Whatcha using for cooling?

I seem to remember that overclockers.com had an article where they indicated 35-45 degrees C was good, 45 - 50 on the edge and over 50 to be very bad...

I get 33 to 35 degrees at idle, 37 to 38 under load and will go as high as 40 if my system has been on all day and heated the water....
Chris.U.K

Post by Chris.U.K »

had mine for a few days.

Started at 1200Mhz. idle is around 84Deg F - full load is around 98-104 ( pending case temps )
1333Mhz Idle 84-86 Deg F full load 98-106 deg F "" "" ""
1430Mhz Idle 86-88Deg F Full load 102-111 deg F "" "" ""

Case temps have been 66deg F ( now ) up to 75Deg F no air conditioning.

for cooling i have a Taisol heat sink. sunon fan+ smaller 12V fan on the side of the sink. and 3 case fans blowing out air one sucking in air.

Not found the max for this cpu yet but i am close to it.

Chris.
AMD or Intel wont stop me but the laws of physics might. slowly on the mend.
JMan
Golden Member

Post by JMan »

Mine goes up to 140-150F with the stock fan under a full load. It's on the third floor so it's really hot up there. I keep the side cover off and blow a house fan into it to keep it cool. I'm gonna get some Artic Silver II plus a nice fan (Millennium Glaciator maybe) to get it cooler.

JMan
"Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"
"I'm sorry, I don't listen to hip-hop."
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Damn that thing is smokin'!
JMan
Golden Member

Post by JMan »

Yeah... I hope it doesn't burn out before I get a real fan on it. It should be okay as long as I keep the fan blowing into the case.

JMan
"Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"
"I'm sorry, I don't listen to hip-hop."