Case intake fan

All things AMD. The best motherboards, COOLING setup, overclocking, how to, etc..
opivyattack
Genuine Member

Case intake fan

Post by opivyattack »

Ive never heard of this before but I read something about it. I have 2 case fans pushing air out, one in the front of my case and one in the back. Would it be benificial for me to have the front one bringing in air? and how do I do that.. can I just turn the front fan around (hahah i doubt it but im not sure). Thanks!
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

Yes it would be better to have front fan blowing air in and back fan blowing air out. And yes just flip the fan around to it blows the other way.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Yes turingit around should work if its a standard fan.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
opivyattack
Genuine Member

Post by opivyattack »

so does it matter that my front fan runs at higher rpms than my back fan?
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

It can be argued up and down... but for the most part no it doesent. Its not like its a delicate thing that needs to be balanced. Idealy you want as much intake as exhaust to get good airflow. But if one is more then the other it wont kill it.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
opivyattack
Genuine Member

Post by opivyattack »

ok well i did that and it didnt affect my temperatures at all so whatever :)