My computer keeps randomly skipping.

All things AMD. The best motherboards, COOLING setup, overclocking, how to, etc..
Pugsley

My computer keeps randomly skipping.

Post by Pugsley »

Im running a 64 3200 and have a gig of cosair 2t ram. I have noticed lately that it just kinda skips randomly while playing stuff in winamp or while watching stuff in MPC. kinda like what used to happen right before a BOSD but it only does it for a fraction of a second and then its fine. I dont know if it might be folding causing it or what. but its starting to get annoying. I havent OC anything yet.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

what kind of sound card are you running.....and when does it happen....I have a dell refurb that is about to get a new cmedia card to replace a sblive because the sb live burps and give me bsod after about an hour gaming...a lot of my skips in the past have been sound related.....
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

whatever onboard is. I swear I wish i could buy a PCI soundstorm card. my old 8rda+ had that and it was the best sound ever.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
wpublic

Post by wpublic »

try switching the drivers? different driver versions, or whatever sound chip is on the board, look to the chip manufacturer and see do they have anything different from the board manufacturer.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

well its been fine for ever since i had bought it.. and about a week ago i started to notice it. But i guess i can see if there is an update for my driver.