Need a socket A m/b

All things AMD. The best motherboards, COOLING setup, overclocking, how to, etc..
jforth

Need a socket A m/b

Post by jforth »

Noticed some swollen caps on m/b while upgrading my vid. to a radeon 9500pro in my K7S5A/Athlon Xp 1800 combo.Works fine for now,but the writing is on the wall.Money is tight can only afford to replace board.New or used m/b is fine.My options:

New:
-ECS 741GX-M SIS 333 MATX AGP8X - $75.00 Can. shipped.

Used:
-Biostar Motherboard M7V1G-400,with case and 350w psu- $60.00 Can. shipped
(used only 2weeks)VIA KM266 Pro

-Epox 8RDA+ retail box all accessories - $70.00 Can.shipped
DDR based NF2 (18 mths old)

ECS m/b has warranty,but only goes up to 333 bus semprons,Epox nf2 board,faster,cpu goes up to 400 bus.The Biostar m/b,only 2 weeks of use,like new,but like ECS m/b only maxes out with 333 bus semprons.Any thoughts?Thx.
jforth

m/b

Post by jforth »

Wow not one reply,guess my pc is just too old for people to give a damn.Thats fine,I thought someone here might have some useful insights,guess not.Good-bye PCA,hello RedFlagDeals,hello Rebel Haven.Got more help there,and I'm a newer member there than I am here.How sad.Well it was fun,this was one of the first places I became a member when I was a noob.I can't remember what the old name of this place was.What was it again?I remember playing TacOps 1.6(U.T mod.) online with 33.6/56k modems and it was sweet.But like Tac Ops good things must come to an end.
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Even though it looks like it's too late, I'd go with the 8RDA+ myself.. Not everybody scans every header of the forums anymore, so it's possible they just didn't see your post. Hope you do well in all that you pursue..

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!