Tom's Hardware speculates that IBM may want to buy AMD.

All things AMD. The best motherboards, COOLING setup, overclocking, how to, etc..
NubyCanuby_OFC

Tom's Hardware speculates that IBM may want to buy AMD.

Post by NubyCanuby_OFC »

I just hope that Nvidia doesn't try to buy out AMD. The last thing we need is them eliminating their competition from ATI.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/02/14/ ... ge_or_not/
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

I hope IBM doesn't buy AMD, then the Prices of their CPUs will be higher than Intel ;\
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Is AMD really doing that bad that people are expecting a merger? Do you think there would any company that would acquire it that would not effectively destroy what it is?
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

They're doing bad, but I don't think that they're doing as bad as some would suspect. It wouldn't probably hurt for them to merge. AMD is alreay using many of IBM's patents on liscense anyhow (that's how they got this far).
smb
Almighty Member

Post by smb »

i think the amd/nvidia merger would have been better that amd/ati.
canton_kid
Golden Member

Post by canton_kid »

Well if Nvida were to buy AMD would they actaully try to eliminate ATI?? Ati is part of AMD now right? So wouldn't whoever bought AMD also Own ATI?? No reason to kill a brand you own as that would not be competition any longer :)

Still I hope AMD stays AMD. We need them as they are. If IBM buys them I'd expect high prices, I also remember 2 things. IBM propretary junk from the old days at high prices and you had to buy IBM parts to upgrade anything.

ALSO, didn't IBM say there would never be any reason to have a Computer in the home?? Ya, that was why they lost that big market share on computers way back in the beginning of home PCs, they saw no market or reason for Home Computers!!!

Let them stay where they are and keep AMD AMD!

We need some good laws to stop this merger and buy out stuff. MS trying to take over Yahoo, that is just sickening to even think about, and now IBM wants to buy AMD?? Just what we need, 2 Intel overpriced companies, get back to the 1980's and 1990's we have gotten so far away from now!

At one time we pretty much only had the choice of IBM or Intel, things were not good then, we don't need to regress back to those days and prices!
Canton_kid

spam bot food!
<A HREF="http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html">Anti-Spam</A>
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

man that is cheap at 6.34....really does make it a target
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>