AMD Ryzen Benchmarks

All things AMD. The best motherboards, COOLING setup, overclocking, how to, etc..
wvjohn

AMD Ryzen Benchmarks

Post by wvjohn »

Long with lots of charts. Bottom line is that it looks like it might be competitive with Intel.

https://videocardz.com/65825/first-amd- ... s-are-here
Err
Life Member

Re: AMD Ryzen Benchmarks

Post by Err »

This looks good but I'm concerned about the single core scores. I saw that the boost is currently disabled so hopefully these scores go up. I'm looking forward to real-word benchmarks on programs like Handbrake. These processors could be rendering beasts.

The pricing isn't exactly stellar in my opinion since we're going to need new MBs and RAM. However, this will give the Intel E series very stiff competition as the Ryzens are much cheaper. I'm looking forward to real-word benchmarks on programs like Handbrake. These processors could be rendering beasts.

https://videocardz.com/65747/amd-ryzen- ... ted-online
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Yeah, it looks like the first time AMD has been in the game for a while. Sadly, I just upgraded last month.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

More leaked benchmarks: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/6-core ... 7600k.html
The AMD Ryzen leaks and madness doesn't stop. Today some CPU-Z benchmark results have surfaced of what seems to be a six-core Ryzen 5 1600X processor. The 6 core and 12 threaded processor would have a base clock of 3.3 GHz with a 3.7 GHz Turbo. And the performance seems pretty nice.

Honestly I wasn't expecting to see a 6-core enabled part anytime soon as personally I am expecting an 8-core launch only.

If you look closely at the screenshots you can see summit ridge tagged, that's the real thing you guys. You cannot fake that unless you have master photoshop skills. The one problem that I have with these screenshots is that the two of them cannot be paired automatically together and thus the upper benchmark result set could even be an entirely different 6-core processor. Let's assume it's valid for now though, but please let's take things still with a little reserve and a grain of salt to be certain.

The single threaded (single core) performance of this Ryzen unit shows 1888 points. That is precisely on par with Core i7 6850K single core performance and that I did not expect (thus that is very positive). We know that the Intel Core i7-6850K clocks in at 6/12 (cores/threads) 3.6 GHz / 3.8 GHz (base clock / turbo clock). So compared 1:1 that is really fricken close on the per core performance. The Ryzen muli-threaded performance shows 12544 points, which is faster then a Core i7-6850K who reaches 10872 points in our own testing.

While it is not a fair comparison (4 versus 6 cores), we do expect these two processors to be priced in the same range and thus compared to a quad core Core i5 7600K the Ryzen R5 offers 50% more perf then the 8314 points that CPU scores. Obviously the 7600K has much faster turbo's hence that single threaded core performance locks in at a faster 2135 points.

Have a peek at the numbers, if all true then it is fairly okay to think that the IPC perf for AMD is spot, pretty darn good and close to comparable with what Intel is offering. And we wonder if THIS photo has anything to do with the above results shown.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Been a long time since I ran AMD. Might just give it a try just to be different.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Even more hype: http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-processor-tested/

So far, these look impressive and I may consider a Ryzen in my next build. However, I wish they would stop comparing the Ryzen to Intel's 2013.V2 processors. There are major chipset differences between the two. The Intel's X99 platform has 40 PCI lanes and quad channel memory. While this bandwidth is only relevant in extreme builds like Tri-SLI, I think AMD would be better off benching their processors against the I7 1151 processors. The Z170 and Z270 chipsets are comparable to AMD's X370 and should show Intel getting blown out of the water.

I still want to see a Handbrake benchmark and other real world applications. Ashes of the Singularity and CIV would be interesting gaming benchmarks too.
wvjohn

The high end part is OOS at Amazon, other places before it is released

Post by wvjohn »

be interesting to see if it lives up to the hype.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ry ... 33734.html

The AMD Ryzen hype train can't be stopped. Not long after the upcoming CPUs reached the top of Amazon's best sellers list, the 1800X has apparently started to sell out at some retailers, including Amazon itself. But fear not--some retailers still have the 1800X and its siblings available for pre-order.
AMD opened pre-orders for the Ryzen lineup just a couple of days ago. Yet the 1800X is currently unavailable from Amazon, which doesn't know when it will start to sell the product again, and Newegg says it's out of stock. Both still have the 1700 and 1700X in stock, at least for now. That doesn't help the Ryzen hopeful looking for the 1800X, though, so where are they supposed to spend their hard-earned cash on the high-end CPU?

On Amazon
NCIX in the U.S. and Canada still has the 1800X, 1700, and 1700X all available for pre-order. Memory Express (which is Canada-only) does too. AMD said on its website that Best Buy should have Ryzen available for pre-order, but the retailer appears to be restricted to pre-built systems. TigerDirect and Micro Center in the U.S. both appear to have the processors in stock, although Micro Center said that 1800X pre-orders are only available for in-store pickup.
Fry's also has all of the Ryzen lineup marked as out of stock for both in-store pickup and online orders. So if you're going to hop aboard the hype train before the lineup's March 2 debut, even though we have precious little solid information about performance, now might be the best time to do so.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Blues News has a list of the first 10 or so reviews. Overall, a lot of bang for the buck. Cheaper CPU + mobos. Not as fast as top end Intel in most games at 1080 and 1440, but still plenty fast. Current gen intel owners won't gain anything by switching, but anyone sittling on an older rig, esp if you do stuff that can use a zillion cores, worth taking a look. Most of the reviews said the difference in gaming performance may even out with more mature software, but couldn't say for sure.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

If you prefer to watch rather than read, here's PcPer's review:

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Nuby1Canuby

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

TechSpot has a review with 16 games:
http://www.techspot.com/review/1348-amd ... rformance/