Should I be worried?

If you're having trading problems please post here
vietpixie
Goober Member

Should I be worried?

Post by vietpixie »

I'm in the middle of a fairly expensive trade with a user i met on [H]ardforums. The forums are down right now, so I don't have his username. He used a university e-mail address, (which I looked up before I traded with him) and everything seemed to be in order. His home address matched the one they had on file (and was where I sent the payment).

He sent me an email before I shipped off the payment saying he'd be away on holiday and wouldn't get my order shipped until the 4th of May. (Which matched up with the university's school schedule).

The problem now is that he hasn't contacted me since he sent the email. He recieved the payment on the 30th, and cashed it on the 4th. I've sent him several emails, but it doesn't look like he's been recieving them (I get an over quota bounced email message from the server). I've tried calling the two numbers on file at the university, but he hasn't been picking up.

I was stupid and didn't ask for his heatware evals, and there are none filed under the university address.

What should I do?

:(
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

Did you verify references first? Its 2 days past when he said he would contact yuo but I wouldnt be massively worried yet. Oh, and H is down. I have a deal that I shipped a while back and havent been able to verify reciept of shipment yet. Im a littl enervous as well.

Hopefully H will be up soon so people can start straightening things out.
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Post by Karchiveur »

Shipping seems very slow l8ly.. i sent a package out to EgO last week.. I don't think he has recieved it yet... :(

I'll PM and find out :)
First person ever Banned from 3dmaxx.com
vietpixie
Goober Member

Post by vietpixie »

That's the problem.. he hasn't shipped it yet and I know this because he doesn't have the address by which to ship it to. He hasn't contacted me to get the address either.

update: I was able to contact him through the phone number on file at the university. He's been on vacation, and has just been waiting for the check to clear. :) Lets just hope the shipment arrives in working order :)
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

Originally posted by vietpixie
That's the problem.. he hasn't shipped it yet and I know this because he doesn't have the address by which to ship it to. He hasn't contacted me to get the address either.

update: I was able to contact him through the phone number on file at the university. He's been on vacation, and has just been waiting for the check to clear. :) Lets just hope the shipment arrives in working order :)

Nice, hopefully all works out well for you. Keep us posted!
jayscybertrhs
Genuine Member

bark my knee..

Post by jayscybertrhs »

i see you still havent got an answer, and mybe i shouldnt intrude - but if he goes to sa university, he has a Dean, and theuy're usually pretty astrict about students not getting in the habit of ripping others.

if the money is enough to worry avbout and your item is still hanging fire - try his Dean.

happy camping
tyvm