Want to sell my computer, need advice

If you're having trading problems please post here
nici
Goober Member

Want to sell my computer, need advice

Post by nici »

Im thinking about selling my computer rather then upgrade it, there are plenty of people out my way that would be able to use it. Im a graphic artist and my computer being almost 3 and a 1/2 years old its just getting too slow for me. Im not interested in selling it online, but id like to get a rough estimate of how much i could possibly sell it for. Im not really too tech saavy though so thats why Im affraid of getting screwed over. If i give you guys the specs that im aware of anyways.. again forgive me for my poor knowledge of the subject... could anyone give me an estimate or maybe tell me if i should consider trading it in??
Ive got a Hitachi 19 inch monitor in great condition, Pentium 3 processor, 10 gb hard drive (which is my main problem) Windows ME, Matrox millenium g4 video card, soundblaster live sound card, 256 mb RAM,
CD/DVD Drive by Creative (12x), Creative modem blaster, standard floppy, iomega zip drive, and id probably throw in the msft ergonomic keyboard, and samsung CDRW that i never got around to installing. The tower is really big and has lots of room for upgrading and adding. Im just not the techy type (could you tell by this paragraph??) to be able to mess with it. I had the computer built for me when i was going to school. If i do sell it im probably going to have the hard drive wiped by someone who knows how to do that and then install windows me and the others back onto it. ANY help that anyone can give me would help alot. Cause i dont want to sell it for like 50 bux if i could get more out of it. THANKS!!!!!!
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

you didn't mention the speed of the P3 cpu...but i'll guess around 600MHz if it's 3 years old.

i'd say top-end of the price you should expect to get is ~$175. you can buy a new dell for $299-$399 these days with 2GHz+ cpu, cd-rw, 40GB hd, in-home warranty, etc.

jayscybertrhs
Genuine Member

naw - dont sell it

Post by jayscybertrhs »

as a GA - im sure you know 2 screens are much better than one - and maybe tops $300? a decent GA monitor costs more than that - on the other hand, the new micro pcs are running abvout that on Ebay, at P4 ~1.2 - 2.8 (out of 4 avail) ghz / 1 or 2 gigs ram, 1/4 to 1/2 (2 gig is better) Video and 128 or 256 (512) MB sound onboard

or if you like the monitor, keep that and sell tha base machine for 1 - 200
tyvm