Bank Transfer : Safety

If you're having trading problems please post here
Cipher
Goober Member

Bank Transfer : Safety

Post by Cipher »

Hello,

I would like advice on the safety of a bank fund transfer ( between two US accounts ).

How common is it ?

In terms of order fulfillment as promised, is there some kind of option/recourse in case of fraud ?

I ask because I know nothing about bank transfers and am considering purchasing a laptop from a seller.

Thanks,
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

bank transfer is wiring cash from one account to another

Not usually seen for a number of reasons

1) as a practical matter the only way to ever get your money back if there is a problem is to file a lawsuit, get a judgment against the seller and execute the judgment against the bank account - if they are a scammer they are long gone :(

2) somewhere in the transaction records - there will be a record of your bank account information - not something that you want on the street :(

3) there are a variety of safer ways to transfer money - wire transfers are usually reserved for moving sums immediately between accounts ehn you are buying houses, yachts etc.

4) if the seller is unwilling to accept paypa,l, or credit cards - then there are a variety of escrow services available - you can probaby find links for them on ebay or through google - you pay them but they don't release the $$ until you get what you bargained for - but beware some scammers have their own escrow services so use one that has been around for a while

I would be very very careful...if a deal seems to be too good to be true....it is.

There used to be tons of scammers doing this from europe with laptops

good luck and welcome to PCA
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
Cipher
Goober Member

Post by Cipher »

Thanks wvjohn your advice is much apperciated :)

Is there some other way to deposit funds that does not involve an escrow service yet offers protection to both parties ?