Justin Daves strikes again

If you're having trading problems please post here
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

Yeah, you're right, the forums are down. And I went and traced him back to AandTech too, they have a long threat concerning him. His old site, insydehardware is down, rerouting to some seach spam site thing. Hardwareasylum is his as well, as far as I can tell from what I've read. lestat is a new name for him definetly, something to add to the list here on PCA. Little asshat...

Where exactly did you get trolled? And just letting you know, I'm not part of the trollhunters, I just want this little ass to fry, and wanna help in any way I can
DaveT
Goober Member

Post by DaveT »

ok this is where it gets complicated, I'm a pretty big poster over at bleedinedge I sold my old asus a8n32 to modding junky thru he fs/ft forums on the bleedinedge, everything went good ,great guy, then I see his for sale thread updated (a couple weeks later) with some very good deals on graphics cards that he was helping the his "friend" the owner oof hardware asylum well I had dealt with modding junky before and knew he was a good guy and figured his friend was legit well turns out our friend Justin had been baiting him for a while to help him troll (unkowing to modding junky) after talking to modding junky I believe him to be innocent but he has been puished for putting items not in his possesion for sale in the fs/ft i found out that justing offered him varius free parts to assist him in selling the graphics cards, modding gave him my number at the deal was mostly conducted over the phone sunday I sent $600 thru western unon (shows me for showing some trust) and now I apear to be being trolled he has became very bad with comunica now and keeps making b.s excuses for not shipping and no pics this guy needs to fry and i would be glad too throw the switch

almost forgot his aim is HWA lestat
email is Lestat@hardwareasylum.com
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

Oh, let me get this straight. You met this Modding Junkie over BleedingEdge. Modding Junkie had ties to Justin, and according to what I read, Justin was tricking this Modding Junkie into his trolling scheme. Modding Junkie gave you Justin's phone number, and your deal was conducted over the phone for a $600 item, and you sent the money over Western Union... well, I'm not sure how exactly Western Union works, but unless they have some type of protection on that, I don't know what exactly can be done. Since the deal was carried out over the phone, there are no real logs to check back on your and Justin's conversation. Do you have any information that you saved in the conversations between you and Modding Junkie in which Justin was refferenced?
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

Update on the situation. I just looked at Western Union's Security FAQ and it doesn't look like you'll be getting much help from them directly. And I quote...
7. What can I do if I suspect fraud or am a victim of fraud?

If you have just sent a money transfer transaction and suspect that you may be a victim of fraud, ask the sales clerk to stop your transaction immediately or call Western Union. If the transfer has not been completed, your principal and fees will be refunded.

Contact your State Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs if you are uncertain or suspicious of a telephone, mail or email solicitation.

If you feel you have been the victim of fraud, you can access the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) at http://www.ifccfbi.gov/ or contact the Federal Trade Commission through their web site at http://www.ftc.gov/.
Karchiveur
Golden Member

Post by Karchiveur »

Do you have his address?
I'm pretty sure I could get someone to go .talk. with him. in person.

LMK via PM
First person ever Banned from 3dmaxx.com
Echelon V
Genuine Member

Post by Echelon V »

Never Ever Use Services Like Western Union unless Sending money to a family member. When Trading Online use Paypal!!!! Pay for things Via Credit Card and if the item never shows you are covered by Paypal Buyer Protection and your money is reimbursed. ;) PAYPAL WILL COME AFTER THEM!!!
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Originally posted by Echelon V
PAYPAL WILL COME AFTER THEM!!!

Even that isn't 100% true, because if the funds are no longer in their account they won't do jack, we've experienced that before..

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
Echelon V
Genuine Member

Post by Echelon V »

Or they could pay via credit card to paypal and perform a chargeback but this kind of thing leaves a paper trail you can prosecute them in court with if its in the USA. But a hassle none-the-less. I meant that its more secure. Nothing is fool-proof. Your very right that its exploitable but at least it forces them to put forth more of an effort before they can scam you. The more the security measures the better. :)
Badmojo

Post by Badmojo »

i would have to agree about the credit card stuff they get a bit pissed when people **** with money(unless they pretend to be you) other wise they love to fix ripoffers(can i add ers to the word)

and western union and other cash transfers are a scammers best friend again no paper trail as also stated.

ohh ohh ohh how bout selling these assholes infomation to idnetiy theft rings :D
If ifs and butts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas ]Sealab2021[

Do you have any proof that you saved the universe?... Were all still here arent we!

Random Fact:
Mac's were made by pirates they only needed one button on the mouse to use with thier hooks.
ImageImageImage