Bad trader/troll isofilez aka Jawuan Gibson

If you're having trading problems please post here
GCS

Bad trader/troll isofilez aka Jawuan Gibson

Post by GCS »

Never thought this would happen, nor would I have expected to be asking for help on this but I have been tagged for $500.

It is my own fault for not trusting my gut and I accept full responsibility for it. That being said here is the info and if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Info is posted /stickied at Anandtech as well.

Trader is isofilez aka Jawuan Gibson. His info (that he gave me is below)

Jawuan Gibson
1220 Rosecrans ST. #906
San Diego, CA 92106
(858) 688-0826

His original For Sale post is here: http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview ... erthread=y

On Monday (7/24/06) I sent him money (Western Union -- yeah I know bad move) to purchase a 23" Sony Widescreen LCD and help him out of a financial jam. Shipment was to occur on Wed, Thurs at the latest. I have not seen or heard from him since Wednesday (7/26/06).

His phone is disconnected, email account closed, and he has not been to Anandtech since Wed (7/26/06) when I last heard from him. Also I contacted directory assistance for that area to see if he had a phone # listed for the address he gave me and nothing came up.

I have a feeling this will turn out badly but before hitting the panic button I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I feel its time to let folks know since this person has pretty much disappeared. Again I hate to jump to conclusions but I feel I have no choice.

I should have trusted my gut and not done this deal but oh well thats the way the ball bounces.

If anyone can track this guy down and provide some assistance I would be grateful.

Thanks

Greg

Updates from Anandtech traders who have offered to help. Two guys have tried to go to the address that was supplied to me (and thus them). Both guys have stated it appears that someone still lives there but there was no answer at the door when the stopped by. At this moment there has been no contact with this person and I am pretty sure that I can kiss my $500 goodbye. It sucks I know better but hey an oldtimer got taken (thought it would never happen).
"I came here to chew bubble and kick ass ..... and I'm all out of bubble gum!"

HEATWARE
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

email coming your way