Which video card is best on MVP3 chipset motherboard?

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Coco

Post by Coco »

I was just wondering about the AGP issue with motherboards with the MVP3 chipset. I got a K6-2 system from my friend and it is currently running it on the FIC VA-503+.

I wanted to upgrade the video card in the system, does anyone of you know which video card will work with it perfectly? I know the Voodoo3 3000 should work, but what about AGP2x cards like ATi Fury and Diamond Viper2?

Anyone know please let me know! Thanks :)
Biohazard

Post by Biohazard »

Avoid the TNT/TNT2 cards (not sure about geforce), avoid the ati rage 128 based cards too (unless you like funky registry errors). Viper2 just causes problems, savage4 might work, g400 is a no-no, and i740 based cards are a joke on it too (if you can even get it to post).

V3 might work, V4's will (only time I used a V4 was on my neighbors system with the Mvp3 chipset. As will the riva128/ZX cards (v330). You might also want to look at some of the older ATI rage pro turbo type cards
CaterpillarAssassin
Almighty Member

Post by CaterpillarAssassin »

I can say that a V3 will definately work. Friend has one and it is working great. :)
Ladies Man

Post by Ladies Man »

just get a v3 3000

other cards won't help much in performance on that
Coco

Post by Coco »

I will focus mainly on DVD performance, that's why I need a card with TV-out.

I am running the system on a TNT2 Vanta right now, I just have to disable a few settings in the bios. It runs perfectly, no crash at all looping 3dmark2000. Unfortunately the Vanta do not have TV-out...

Any other suggestion?
Biohazard

Post by Biohazard »

8mb ATI AIW pro. just switched to one at home :) thing rocks
sven256
Goober Member

Post by sven256 »

the g force card should be ok i use to have one on one of theose boads
CaterpillarAssassin
Almighty Member

Post by CaterpillarAssassin »

Or a Radeon AIW :)
Frost
Golden Member

Post by Frost »

It sure woould be sweet to get an AIW Radeon!! I am just confused. Is it just as fast as the 32meg DDR only it has all the sweet extras, or is it slower??

Frost.
<a href=mailto:Frost@pcabusers.com>E-mail</a> / <a href=http://heatware.elitehardware.com/view.shtml?action=list&option=frost>Heatware</a> / <a href=http://frostyspc.homestead.com>My computer</a>