Duron @1gig or Tbird @900

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Casanova
Genuine Member

Post by Casanova »

So which cpu's gonna give the best performance that is noticeable and can be felt in everyday use? I know both are already fast... but any big difference in desktop use.. or just on the gaming?

DW
FuNPoLiCe001

Post by FuNPoLiCe001 »

I believe the 2 would be about the same in performance, as a t-bird is anywhere from 10-15% faster than a duron.

Personally, I'd buy the Duron 700 OC'ed to 1 ghz and spend the 100 dollars difference on a DVD drive or something
Let Cam, take care of your breasts
Golar

Post by Golar »

Durons are a great value these days. Save the money and buy yourself a blowup doll. ;) hehe
- Golar
<a href="http://brain-damage.net">Brain Damage</a>
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

If you are using the computer for office apps and things like photoshop the tbird will feel a bit snapper as the larger cache will kick in. As you start getting up in frequency with the duron the smaller cache will show up as it will not give you the same performance boost as it should. In other words the duron does not scale well at higher frequencys. Either cpu is more than most people will need.