printer question

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
two slow

printer question

Post by two slow »

Which is better for connecting a printer, a usb cable or the IEEE cable? Or does it really make any difference?
<marquee><span style="width: 100%; Filter: Glow(Color=#3333FF, Strength=2)">I was here</span></marquee>
Sean

Post by Sean »

USB cables are easier to find, hook in, and route. Other than that, I don't think it matters. :D
- Sean
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

i like usb because you can plug in a little powered usb hub and run your printers, mem card reader, etc off that - makes cabling a lot easier

i run 2 printers mem card reader and a zip drive off one - u need the deluxe 15.95 powered one though
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

USB is the better way to go. Faster than a parallel cable too (assuming the printer has a decent amount of cache memory).

They're phasing out the parallel port. Some printers and even computers don't have them anymore.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

two slow

Post by two slow »

I was wondering if it would be faster.
<marquee><span style="width: 100%; Filter: Glow(Color=#3333FF, Strength=2)">I was here</span></marquee>
Augix

Post by Augix »

Let me tell u that a USB is less acurate than a serial port so , use serial ! not usb !
Heatware
Augix

Post by Augix »

you can see that tryin; to print labels !
Heatware