Can not play dvd's anymore

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Chris.U.K

Post by Chris.U.K »

Somthing is not allowing me to play DVD's. I use the ATI dvd player and the PC friendly one. Both will not play my dvd's. I only have 3 DVD's and they are all region 2 ( Europe ). I did download Xing and another dvd player software program ages ago but uninstalled them cos they were on a 30 day trial.

wtf is going on i can not take any more f'ups with this stupid PC. This week alone my monitor blew, my Radeon's video in broke my floppy died and now my DVD player wont play dvd's.

One more thing goes wrong i will trash the rig.

so please can u help me calm down watching a dvd movie.

Chris.
AMD or Intel wont stop me but the laws of physics might. slowly on the mend.
JMan
Golden Member

Post by JMan »

Is it crashing, or are you having region problems? What is happening when it won't play?

JMan
"Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"
"I'm sorry, I don't listen to hip-hop."
Chris.U.K

Post by Chris.U.K »

Right. the PC friendly dvd player auto loads when Matrix is inserted. When i click play movie i get this message "your dvd decoder is not currently supported".
The ATI dvd player loads up and crashes after a few secons.It trys playing the film company logo before the film but then locks up.

Both these programs worked fine when i first used them about 6 weeks ago. I do not know what could be causing a problem.

The DVD/cd rom drive reads cd's etc but it just will not play any of my 3 DVD movies.

I am in region 2. I bought region 2 dvd movies and the ati dvd player loads up with region 2. My DVD modle is LG, an american firm but i would think they change the dvd code when shipping to other regions.

I am new to DVD i only got it about 7 weeks ago so i do not know what has gone wrong.

It is driving me crazy, you expect to be able to watch your movies more than once.

Thanx JMan.
Gand1

Post by Gand1 »

Chris,

Go here. You might find some resources that might help.
http://dvd.box.sk/
I'm...... BATMAN!

No Greyhound Racing
Chris.U.K

Post by Chris.U.K »

wtf is "<b>dvd decoder</b>" any way?. I thought the decoder would be the ATI chip on my Radeon.

Took a look at that page and will bookmark it but i could not find any info.

Should i download DVD Genie what dose it do anyway.

Thanx again

Chris.
Gand1

Post by Gand1 »

Chris,

Sorry for the long wait but, yes try DVD genie. That should unlock the region code and clean up some playback issues. Try some of the other utilities as well if that does not work. I have region free and it works great.
I'm...... BATMAN!

No Greyhound Racing
Stryker

DVD

Post by Stryker »

Chris,

Have you installed any new burning software since the problem began?
Chris.U.K

Post by Chris.U.K »

I have just got a cd burner a few days ago, but i think it was causing dvd playback before i got the burner.

I think now the problem is with my Radeon decoder chip. I am thinking this because my video in will not detect a tv, DV signle. i think i may have a power surge someware cos in one week my 20" monitor died so did a floppy and some of my Radeon's functions.

that is all i can think of, i did a re install of windows thinking my internal region code may have been changed through a 3rd party program but it still came up with the same error while i tried to play a dvd.

I was realy Pi$$ed thiw week.

Chris.