Should I swap for dual CPUS?

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Danielm7

Post by Danielm7 »

I have a msi 6309 and a celeron 2 533@800 now on this machine, I don't use this box as much any more now that I have a amd setup. I've been toying with the idea of setting up win2k server and playing with it on the home network.
Someone is interested in trading my setup for a abit bp6 with 2x 400s@550, I'm sure it would be a hair slower in day to day opperations than just the one 800 but would it be a decent swap to get into dual processors?
Any suggestions?
thanks,
Daniel
Ladies Man

Post by Ladies Man »

i find that the dual 366@550 is faster than just 1 cel 2 at 800

thats just from my experiences, i'm sure others will claim that one 800mhz is faster blah blah blah

my next upgrade will be dual ghz+ athlons :)
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
La, la ...
Biohazard

Post by Biohazard »

I have a pair of slot1 celeron 300a's at 450 modded for SMP by Steven Tyler over at BXboards.com LMK if you want em to try out.
Danielm7

Post by Danielm7 »

Sounds cool biohazard, then I would need a board and everything though, the only reason I was considering it really was cause it wouldn't cost anything extra and I'm trying to pay things off instead of find new debt.
thanks though,
Daniel