$200....What to Buy??

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
joeyll
Genuine Member

$200....What to Buy??

Post by joeyll »

I've got and extra $200 bucks to spend on an update to my computer. I dont need a new video card cause I got dual 6800XT's...got a AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800..1.5 gigs memory...good burners and DVD...but a cheap 500watt PSU. I've been thinking on one of these bad boys right here...check um out and tell me what you'd buy.

http://www.xoxide.com/hiperpsu.html?gcl ... FQod4y5hCw

I have lots of cathodes and LED's in my case plus 8 Blue LED 80mm Fans...I have a Black Raidmax Scorpio Case with UV blue sleeving and red LED Molex's.

Whatta Ya think about the Blue Hiper PSU and sleeving it out with Red UV. Then I'd have about $100 left..maybe buy another 512 of XMS Corsair?
:rolleyes: :cool :

Joey
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

I'm not very familiar with those. I have done a few reviews on some really nice Antec and Thermaltake power supllies. Some of the higher end Enermax are nice also.

joeyll
Genuine Member

Post by joeyll »

Do you have any one or two over 500Watts that you really like? I really, really want to go with the new way the cables go into the back of this PSU..I know Kingwin makes some similiar to that as well. Are your reviews on PCA or somewhere else? Thanks

Joey
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

Here is the one I liked best. It is a beast.
http://www.pcabusers.com/reviews/antec/phantom/review/p1.htm

Go to newegg and look at some power supplies. I like to read the customer reviews there. You can see what is popular.

DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

Enermax Liberty is a nice one I own. I also own a PC Power & Cooling 510W is awesome but is ~200.00

One PSU I have been eyes on with is the Silverstone ST60F PSU. Modular and good reviews and seems to be popular currently.

Make sure you let us know which you decided on and give us a quick summary review for us to read! =)
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

i didn't see you mention the hard drive(s) that you are using...that would be the next step for increased performance. go with a WD raptor or 7200.10 sata2 perpendicular drive from seagate.