Video capture cards?

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Chris.U.K

Post by Chris.U.K »

I bought the Radeon 64 vivo so i could capture video and play dvd's etc but this Radeon has lost all it's extra features except for video out.

Using the Radeon for video capture was my first experiance at capturing video ( all for about a week ). What stand alone capture card do i require?.

I have a JVC DVL 9000 cam corder. It has DV out, s.out av. out . I am not sure if it has firmware cos this modle of camcorder was out in 98 i think.

I saw a few capture card boxes before i got the Rad and one stated you needed firmware? .

I was going to buy another Radeon 64 vivo but now i know the dvd decoder has gone as well has put me off compleatly. I am going to send this Rad to be fixed and will get a new vid card within 2 weeks.

dose any one know the different capture cards out there and what is firmware.

Chris.
AMD or Intel wont stop me but the laws of physics might. slowly on the mend.
Darkheart

Try this.

Post by Darkheart »

<A HREF="//www.pinnaclesys.de/uk/default.asp"> Pinnacle Systems </A> do a good set of Video Capture cards from the very basic (and quite cheap)to proffesional setups. They have been doing Video editing on PC for quite a while and they've gotten pretty good at it. Your video camera will definatly be able to work through S-Video although you may want to look at some of the other cards if you want better features/higher res sampling.

I've been meaning to get one of these cards for a while but never quite had the time or money to spend. The DV500 has taken over from the old DV10+ as the standard entry level card and is very feature packed for the price + you get all the software and everything you will need to mess with your creations.

Darkheart