I'm Loyal to No Hard Drive

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Welp, I finally decided to consolidate all the 500gb drives in my main pc into a couple 2Tb drives & didn't realize how varied my collection was. I had 2 Hitachi's, 2 Seagates, 2 Samsungs, & a single Western Digital to mix things up.

Shame that one of the new drives I went to replace these with had the click-of-death on arrival (Hitachi if anyone is wondering). Kinda ruined my day there. Especially since Newegg seems to have changed their position on DOA goods. I have to pay return shipping. They say that it's not their fault that the manufacturer made a defective product.
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

that sucks with the DOA drive. i've had too many oem drives come in a loosely packed box with some peanuts and the drive just in a static bag. i've heard a lot of complaints about the packaging for oem drives...retail ones are ok due to the manufacturer's box, etc. i haven't ordered a drive in about a year though...maybe it's better now?
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Actually, Newegg has upgraded their OEM packaging this last 6 months or so. It was in bubblewrap in a small box in another box with the paper wrap surrounding it. The box was smashed pretty good on one end though. Funny thing is, that most of my other drives were shipped like you mentioned & they all have a few years on them. Oh well, bound to happen eventually I guess.
theophilusmousse

Post by theophilusmousse »

Funny thing is when I read the title of your post, my first thought was.... "I'm pretty loyal to having a hard drive"

last computer I had with no hard drive was a c64... but I know what you meant.
Run, run, run, as fast as you can...
you can't catch me, I'm the Stinky Cheese Man.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

LOL, yeah, I guess it could be taken that way.