Western Digital to Buy SanDisk for $19 Billion

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Losbot
Almighty Member

Western Digital to Buy SanDisk for $19 Billion

Post by Losbot »

Western Digital has agreed to purchase Sandisk for $19 billion in cash and stock, a deal which values Sandisk at $86.50 per share and represents a 12% premium over yesterday's closing price. Current Western Digital CEO Steve Milligan will remain in charge of the company, which retains its headquarters in Irvine, California, while SanDisk's CEO Sanjay Mehrotra is expected to remain with Western Digital and join their board of directors.
http://www.pcper.com/news/Storage/Weste ... 19-Billion
------------------------------------------

renovation

Post by renovation »

I think its a good fit for both companys.
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

This is a good fit as WD really hasn't broken into the SSD market.
ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

Meh and Sandisk is kind of junk these days anyways. Perhaps their products will improve.
When all else fails, replace the user.
renovation

Post by renovation »

The European Commission has given the go-ahead for Western Digital to acquire former rival SanDisk, following the announcement of the deal back in October last year.

Western Digital agreed to pay $19 billion for SanDisk back in October, agreeing to an interesting stock-cash split which varied depending on the company's incoming investment deal with China's Unisplendour Coporation completing ahead of time. At the time, Western Digital's chief executive Steve Milligan stated that the acquisition 'aligns with our long-term strategy to be an innovative leader in the storage industry by providing compelling, high-quality products with leading technology' and confirmed that the company would honour SanDisk's joint venture project with Toshiba.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2 ... -sandisk/1
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help