Need security cam/DVR recommendation

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Need security cam/DVR recommendation

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Haven't setup anything yet.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I have a friend that does stuff for all the Dairies and golf clubs around here. He uses http://www.specotech.com/ stuff everywhere. Its super configurable but I am sure its expensive compared to the rest. but he can pull up all sorts of stuff on his phone and it scales and stuff depending on how you setup the DVR. I think you need to be a dealer, he is, to get their stuff. If you want anything let me know and I can hook you up with him and you can work something out.
DaMaN

Post by DaMaN »

subscribed to see what you go with. I want to do something at the house that is scale-able and not too expensive
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

take a look at this site for a decent security cam/system forum: http://www.ipcamtalk.com

with the Blue Iris software, you can add in nearly any IP cam out there, minus the "cloud only" ones. it has an iOS/Android app, as well as customizable web interface if you like. it's flexible as far as motion detection config, storage options, and recording in various formats (H.264, MP4, etc).

another important thing with any system you go with is external access and security. many of the proprietary NVRs and IP cams have security holes, so putting them behind an SSL proxy is a good idea (or just use a VPN). if you don't, you can end up on the Russian IP cam sites... ;)