Gaming hardware needs to grow up

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Gaming hardware needs to grow up

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

normalicy

Re: Gaming hardware needs to grow up

Post by normalicy »

I agree. I also am saddened by the lack of general creativity when building a PC. It's all off the shelf components.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I hate the crap that's on some motherboards now. I don't know who would want plastic shields over their heatsinks. The RGB lighting doesn't bother me too much as long as it can be toned down.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The mobo on my new workstation had a useless plastic shield over the power regulator heat sinks. Had to remove it anyway because it also blocked the video card.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I have seen plastic shields that help direct the flow of air, but otherwise, I'm not into it.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I was browsing the Z270 ATX boards on newegg. It's very difficult to find a plain board these days. I really hate the plastic covers around the CPU socket. Supermicro make a nice plain looking board but it's far too expensive for an 1151 socket. If I'm paying a $240 premium for a board, I'm going with an X99 chipset. The MSI SLI-Plus is the best looking board out of the bunch in my opinion. They also dropped the virtually useless SATA-express and devoted those lanes to the M.2. I'm still confused on how M.2 is implemented as it seems every manufacture is different. Some use SATA ports and some utilize the third PCI slot.