Brother Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer,scanner ?

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Brother Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer,scanner ?

Post by reno »

thought's on brother laser printers . kind of a wondering looking at buying a brothers DCP-L2540DW wireless Monochrome Laser Printer, Copier, Scanner. price is very good at under $100 new . the ink head in my Epson inkjet 610 just crap out and dont think i really need a color printer any more . i still own a Epson 545 workforce up in michigan that working great .but its there and im here :(
think if wife need to print a photo or something in color. she can go to the club house or send the photo to walgreen cheaper to for them to print.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Brother Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer,scanner ?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Has good reviews. Good price for an all in one. I prefer HP, personally. My problem with Brother is that inevitably the drum wears out on their lasers. I've never had an HP drum wear out. But for that price, you should get years out of it.

I'm giving up on inkjet also. I have an Epson Workforce that has been very reliable, but the ink is just a waste of money. When we move to the new house I'm going to give it to the wife. I'm going to buy an HP All-in-one color laser for my office. I never print photos anymore. I just upload them to Walgreens and have them mailed to me. Easier, cheaper, and they look better.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

They have been great for me. I've had an HL-5250DN for probably close to 8 years? My mom also has one for several years. For the price, I think they are rock solid. Now, my experience is as a printer. As for scanner? No idea. I've typically been partial to Canon scanners. They've been the only ones to last the test of time for me.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

I replaced my Lexmark color laser since it was getting jammed non stop with a HP MFP M277dw and I am very happy with it so far. Needed color laser cause my wife prints piles of shit for work, and the inkjets are a ripoff when you use them a lot. Quiet, good print speed, using good paper looks fantastic. A toner refill kit cost like 90 bucks or so. Printer itself was priced very well. Scanner is good for me for expense reports since I have to scan all the stupid receipts.

Only downside is the paper tray could be bigger, but otherwise it's been good for the last 8 months or so.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

That's the one I'm looking at. I have 2 clients that on them and they're rock solid.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

thanks went ahead and order it said be here on the 19th.