New gaming monitor. AOC 35" curved

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: New gaming monitor. AOC 35" curved

Post by Losbot »

You're quite welcomed. Glad you're pleased with your purchase. I'm very satisfied with it and am enjoying the real estate I've got now.
I too had to tone down the brightness and looked for a darker wallpaper, as the white is very white yet is does do black very well. I read as many tech reviews and was surprised to learn that AOC is really hitting the gaming monitor segment hard, with some amazing screens.

The setup is looking nice. My wife the the pics while I was reading and she's now giving me some grief because I've let me office become a bit disorganized. Thanks Bob! LOL

BTW, the girl in the upper-right corner looks interesting. ;)
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

AOC just released a new version of this same size monitor, but 165Hz and supporting both Freesync and G-Sync.

Tempting for me, mainly because it now has two DisplayPort inputs (in addition to two HDMI). It would be nice to connect the workstation to it over DisplayPort instead of 50Hz HDMI which I'm using now (the gaming PC uses the DisplayPort input).

AOC CU34G3S 34-inch Curved Gaming Monitor Review: High Contrast, Colorful and Capable:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-cu34g3s-review

$427.50 at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/AOC-CU34G3S-Fram ... B09ZNQX51B

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on their stuff lately. Been impressed and a co-worker of mine (who you helped recently with some gaming rig recommendations) is looking at the AOC after I told him about mine.

If you go that route, I might take yours off your hands, as I'm curious if I could get away with running two of these AOC screens. ;)
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'll keep that in mind. Not sure if I'd keep it as a backup, and just sell or giveaway my first 26" ROG GSync that has been my backup up till now.

I did download the manual and confirm it's one button to switch inputs. Only snag is that it doesn't OFFICIALLY support GSync, but both the Tom's Hardware reviewer, and one person on Amazon, says it is recognized as a GSync monitor. My suspicion is it will eventually be on NVidia's official supported list if the driver already recognizes it, but I'd like to be sure. May try contacting both AOC and NVidia, or just wait until it's official.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "