My Surface Pro 3 is 5 years old

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

My Surface Pro 3 is 5 years old

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I was rather shocked to find my trusty Surface Pro 3 is five years old this month. It's been a very good machine. I use this primarily as a Windows tablet. I use it for web browsing when I'm sitting outside on the patio, and I use it in portrait mode. I even like reading Kindle books on it.

I also use it as my travel laptop since it's a Core i5 and can pretty much do anything except serious gaming.

I'm amazed that the SSD and the batteries have hung in so well all this time. Battery life is still good - probably not as good as it was originally, but I can easily get 5 or 6 hours out of it.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Re: My Surface Pro 3 is 5 years old

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:I was rather shocked to find my trusty Surface Pro 3 is five years old this month. It's been a very good machine. I use this primarily as a Windows tablet. I use it for web browsing when I'm sitting outside on the patio, and I use it in portrait mode. I even like reading Kindle books on it.

I also use it as my travel laptop since it's a Core i5 and can pretty much do anything except serious gaming.

I'm amazed that the SSD and the batteries have hung in so well all this time. Battery life is still good - probably not as good as it was originally, but I can easily get 5 or 6 hours out of it.
I bought a Surface Pro 6 about 1-2 years ago through Costco and love it. It's great for when I'm out or on a short trip, but want to have access to a computer I can actually do stuff on. Any work issues and I just tether to my phone. I still have a 15" laptop, but that's only for I have to work for several hours. It has like 1-2 extra years for the warranty as well.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: My Surface Pro 3 is 5 years old

Post by Losbot »

I considered getting one but I got an MSI gaming laptop because I only use those things when I travel on personal trips and when I'm chilling at the end of the day, I will typically want to play some games, so I wanted something that can keep up. This thing plays everything I've thrown at it so far. It's got an Nvidia 2060 and I'm pleased with it.
------------------------------------------